THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!
On Saturday, September 23rd, our 100 Wave Warriors hit the water at Mission Beach to support Boys to Men Mentoring and help boys become good men. Each surfer, tasked with surfing 100 waves in one day, helped us raise over $320,000 this year! That number continues to rise thanks to your passion, dedication, and unwavering support. Not only was it a beautiful day, but both old and new friends came together to celebrate our boys is such an amazing way. Thank you for supporting our mission and being our greatest champions. It also still isn't too late to donate. Click on "DONATE NOW" below to help us reach our goal!
In 1996, Boys to Men Mentoring was created to address the unique needs of fatherless and at-risk boys and help them make positive life changes.
Fatherlessness continues to plague our community:
- 93% of men in the prison system grew up without a father.
- In San Diego County alone, there are 49,937 boys growing up in homes without fathers.
- A boy without a dad in his life is 20 times more likely to end up in prison, 10 times more likely to abuse drugs and 9 times more likely to drop out of high school.
- The cost to incarcerate an inmate in prison for one year is $71,000.
- The cost to pay for one boy to have an entire year of Boys to Men Mentoring is $600.
Boys to Men addresses the needs of these forgotten youth – fatherless and high-risk teenage boys who need the mentoring of good men in their lives. Through weekly in-school and after-school groups with their peers and our mentors, these angry, selfish and hopeless boys slowly become responsible, respectful and honorable young men.
- After just one year of weekly meetings, Boys to Men boys get an average of 27% better grades and 85% fewer disciplinary issues.
The goal of the 100 Wave Challenge is for each surfer to raise $1,000 for Boys to Men Mentoring and attempt to catch 100 waves in 10 hours. The surfing is a personal challenge for our participants. The program is a passion for our mentors and a life-changing opportunity for our boys to realize and achieve their dreams, break the cycle of violence, gangs, drugs and prison in their families and make better choices for themselves.
Please take a moment to make a donation to the Boys.Together, we are saving lives.
Learn more about Boys to Men at http://www.boystomen.org.
- View More Recent Activity
- 1 Brian Mulvaney $44,100.00 raised
- 2 Shaun Tomson $24,050.00 raised
- 3 Dane Soderberg $17,600.50 raised
- 4 Joe Sigurdson $12,270.70 raised
- 5 Paul Ambrogio $6,914.25 raised
- 1 Team SAND (Surfing And Network Developing) $40,599.89 raised
- 2 Degree 33 Surfboards $30,270.00 raised
- 3 Dr Bronners Surf Team $30,181.25 raised
- 4 Tiger Patch $25,928.50 raised
- 5 Cunning, Baffling and Powerful Surfers $14,173.20 raised
Our Newest Participants
- Dylan El-Ghoroury $0.00 raised
- Rich Clingman $252.50 raised
- TM Tito Mays $0.00 raised
- DB David Bronner $0.00 raised
- MH Mike Hynson $0.00 raised
- CM Connor Miller $0.00 raised
- HS Hobie Smith $0.00 raised
- CD Christian Diaz $0.00 raised
- AP Anibal Polanco $0.00 raised
- clayten eggleston $311.25 raised
- Chris Laughter $0.00 raised
- KT Kenji Tsubaki $0.00 raised
- TL Taylor Leopold $1,250.00 raised
- AC Aaron Coyle $1,250.00 raised
- JK Jeff Kaczmar $1,250.00 raised
- TK Troy Kingman $1,250.00 raised
- NH Noa Hochman $0.00 raised
- IH Ivy Hochman $0.00 raised
- The OFFICIAL Boys to Men Surf Team $0.00 raised
- DM Dennis MacDonald $1,020.00 raised