- 1 Vincent D'Aria $11,900.00 raised
- 2 Mickey Wells $738.00 raised
- 3 Jett Heukensfeld $701.00 raised
- 4 Andrew Atchinson $566.00 raised
- 5 Rachel Spillane $454.00 raised
- 1 Granite Telecommunications $25,203.20 raised
- 2 Siegel Financial Group $13,273.18 raised
- 3 Wells and Friends $2,079.00 raised
- 4 Treasure Coast Team $1,348.00 raised
- 5 Heroes On The Run $909.00 raised
Join us on Facebook!
DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR TIMED RACE:
FRIDAY, APRIL 23 AT 4:30PM
Join us as we run/walk for Child Abuse Prevention.
April is Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month – and it’s never been more important! Grab your friends, start a team and join Children's Home Society of Florida for our in-person and virtual 5k run/walk to help more kids in your community grow up in safe, strong homes.
Timed Race in West Palm Beach – April 24, 2021
Register to run/walk at Okeeheelee Park for a timed 5K race to show your support of local kids.The course is USATF certified, and the race will be timed and scored by AccuChip Timing, USA.
Virtual Race – Week of April 19-25, 2021
Online in-person registration ends on Friday, April 23 at 4:30pm.
Packet Pickup: Thursday, April 22, 4:30pm-6:30pm
CHS Main Office: 3333 Forest Hill Blvd.
(Particpants may pick up for their entire team or send some to pick up on their behalf. )
There will be NO race day registration or packet pickup.
Registration Fee: $35 (through April 18, $40 after)
Kids Fun Run: FREE for kids 10 and under
Okeeheelee Park, Micanopy Pavilion
7715 Forest Hill Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33413
- Run/Walk: 7:30 am
- Kids Fun Run: 8:30 am
(Awards ceremony to follow)
Donate & Fundraise to Keep Kids Safe
Once you've registered, spread the word! Ask friends, family and colleagues to join you in supporting children! Fundraise to help protect kids from ever feeling the pain of abuse … and to help those who have, heal.
How Your Dollars Can Make a Difference
- $62 can provide one hour of family therapy for a family affected by abuse or neglect
- $91.50 can sponsor a family for an entire month in a CHS program that helps parents build safe, strong foundations for their children program
- $250 can cover the medical evaluation for a child who has experienced abuse or neglect
Donations at Work
Children who have experienced abuse or neglect take their first step toward healing in our warm, friendly Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC). More than 2,500 children receive vital services at our CACs each year.
“The CAC counselor was wonderful. My daughter was totally at ease with her.” – Roberta, mother
“The CAC is life-saving. They have saved my two children … and me.” – Stacy, mother
We also work every day to prevent child abuse and neglect, equipping families with education, resources and support so they can create the safe home every child deserves.
- 98% of children who complete our early childhood programs remain safe at home with their families
- 97% of children who complete our early childhood programs have an ongoing source of continuous, accessible healthcare
“Feeling the trust and support that other people provide is something that motivates a lot and more when people are trained in the area and when they carry out their work with so much love. I greatly appreciate the education we received from the entire group, including my home visitor who taught us strategies and provided resources that we will use now and in the future.” – Amanda, mom of 2 who participated in a CHS early childhood program
“I try to be as involved as possible with my kids. Your kids are your life, and you want the best for them, so you want to focus on your job and focus on your kids ... which is a struggle. But because of CHS, I could focus on both. Our kids have experienced so much growth. I highly recommend it. The funny part about it all is you go in seeking one thing, and at the end, you come out thinking, ‘How far can I develop myself?’ It helped me as a human; I just want to be the best and be involved, and you just want to do the best you can as a dad or a mom.” – Will, dad of 2 who participated in a CHS early childhood program
Terms and Conditions
In the event of unforseen circumstances, the physical race may be canceled at the discreton of CHS. In this event, all registrations will automatically be converted to virtual registrations.
Registration fees are non-refundable.
- View More Recent Activity