- 1 Jan Hufnal $8,780.00 raised
- 2 Dan Luettgen $8,620.00 raised
- 3 Fred Melton $7,292.00 raised
- 4 James Nichols $3,200.00 raised
- 5 Hope Munson $2,500.00 raised
- 1 Passing Grace, Running the Race, Feeding Wilmington $8,087.00 raised
- 2 People of Hope $2,665.00 raised
- 3 #LCGSHungerWalkers $1,010.00 raised
- 4 Tim & The Rusty Trustees $520.00 raised
- 5 Grace Cafe Wilmington $195.02 raised
Join us September 16, 2017 at Rockford Park for Lutheran Community Services' 26th Annual Hunger Walk Run! All proceeds from this event go towards operating our food programs in New Castle and Sussex Counties. Registration begins at 8 AM and all events start simultaneously at 9 AM.
The first Hunger Walk Run was held in 1992 to support the food programs begun in the prior decade. It has since become one of our most popular fundraisers. Meanwhile, the demand for food has skyrocketed and the number of programs we support has grown.
As Hurricane Irma continues to make her way inland, we at LCS are keeping a close eye on conditions for the 26th Annual Hunger Walk Run this Saturday. We have no rain day, as this has always been a "rain or shine" event. There are, however, a couple of possible reasons for cancellation:
1. A declared "state of emergency" in Delaware.
2. Thunder and lightening.
Should it become necessary to cancel the Walk Run, we will do our utmost to ensure everyone is aware of the change. An email will be sent out. Changes will also be posted on our Facebook page and here at the event site, where donations are welcome regardless of cancellation. Additionally, the message on our phones will be changed with the updated info. We also hope to be able to get any possible changes to local radio stations.
Of course, we hope it's a beautiful morning and we will see everyone at Rockford Park on the 16th.
Meanwhile, our prayers are with the people in the path of this devastating storm as well as those cleaning up from Harvey.
- View More Recent Activity