March 19, 4pm - 6pm, AMF Shrader
March 21,12pm - 2pm, AMF Shrader
March 21, 12pm - 2pm, AMF Hanover
March 26, 4pm - 6pm, River City Roll
April 2, 4pm - 6pm, Uptown Alley
June 3, 4pm - 6pm, River City Roll
June 3, 4pm - 6pm, Bowl America
- 1 Kathy Houghtaling $640.00 raised
- 2 Marnelle Fanfan $413.00 raised
- 3 Caleb Myers $310.00 raised
- 4 Nick Hogan $262.63 raised
- 5 Teresa Marangon $243.45 raised
- 1 Apple Hospitality REIT 1 $1,000.00 raised
- 2 Richmond Federal Reserve $640.00 raised
- 3 Vaco Richmond 1 $475.00 raised
- 4 Vaco Richmond 2 $461.62 raised
- 5 Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce $443.00 raised
- View More Recent Activity
A gathering to
Join JA in spring 2020 to build a team of friends or colleagues, bowl for fun and for our students, and boost our programs. Your fun outing will directly support our financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship programs that reach 25,000 Central Virginia students each year!
What is Bowl for JA?
Fun. Social. Competitive. Critical to JA!
For over 30 years, Bowl for JA has been a team-building event that brings together Richmond companies and individuals to have fun bowling!
Our bowling event includes 2 hours of unlimited bowling and shoe rentals for up to 5 bowlers per team.
When is Bowl for JA?
We have 7 dates/locations to choose from:
- March 19 - AMF Shrader, 4pm - 6pm
- March 21 - AMF Shrader, 12pm - 2pm
- March 21 - AMF Hanover, 12pm - 2pm
- March 26 - River City Roll, 4pm - 6pm - SOLD OUT!!
- April 2 - Uptown Alley, 4pm - 6pm
- June 3 - River City Roll, 4pm - 6pm - 3 lanes remain!
- June 3 - Bowl America, 4pm - 6pm
Reach out to Alice at email@example.com to secure your preferred date and time. Some alleys book up quickly!
How do I participate?
There are two ways to Bowl for JA:
- Participate on a Sponsored Team - These bowlers are invited to attend Bowl for JA through a company sponsorship. Bowlers are asked to register here on QGiv and then show up and have a blast!
- Participate on a Fundraising Team - These bowlers attend Bowl for JA through meeting a personal fundraising goal of $100 per bowler. Each team has a team goal of $500 ($100 per bowler x 5 bowlers per team). Teams are also asked to pay the small lane fee to participate. Bowlers sign up here on QGiv and then can use their personal fundraising page to start generating donations for JA!
Do I fundraise?
If your company has sponsored Bowl for JA then you do not need to fundraise to participate.
If you are bowling without a sponsorship than yes, we ask each bowler to raise $100, totaling $500 for a team of 5. This is in addition to the lane fee ($150 for regular alleys, $350 for River City Roll), which simply cover the costs of the event.
Some initial ideas to get you started fundraising...
- Register on QGiv to get your personal fundraising page set up.
- Send an email to your network asking for a small donation, sharing your QGiv page.
- Share your QGiv page on your Facebook page. Reach a lot of people with little effort!
- Start a competition in your office. Challenge others to fundraise and see who raises the most.
- Host a bake sale, chili cookoff, ice cream social, or other fun event where the proceeds go to your fundraising.
- Have your network sponsor you per pin, let's say $0.10 per pin. If you bowl a 105 that is a $10.50 donation!
Why should I fundraise?
- Nearly half of our $105,000 goal we anticipate coming from bowler fundraising - wow!
- If you meet your $100 fundraising goal you are invited to a Thank You Party on June 11 at Three Notch'd Brewery that includes food and custom-brewed JA beer!
- Your donation will directly support our programs and the 25,000 students we impact each year.
What is Junior Achievement (JA)?
JA is the world’s largest organization dedicated to preparing students for success in a global economy through the development of financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and work-readiness skills. JA of Central Virginia serves over 25,000 students in 145 schools across Central Virginia. In fact, over the last 50 years, we have served 450,000 students!
Together with our business, community, and partners like YOU, we are working to ensure that the next generation is better prepared for success than any other generation.
Visit www.JAtoday.org for more information.