On Saturday, October 17th, 2020, over a thousand runners and walkers worldwide joined together virtually to run in remembrance of James W. Foley, a native of New Hampshire, and all Americans who have made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms.
Thank you for helping to advocate for the freedom of all Americans held hostage abroad and promote the safety of journalists worldwide and support the critical funding needs of the James W. Foley Legacy Foundation. By participating in the 6th annual Freedom Run, YOU directly impacted our mission. To learn more about YOUR impact, click HERE.
OUT OF STOCK T-SHIRT SIZES UPDATE
At this time we have run out of several sizes of Foley Run shirts that still need to be picked up or shipped. We will be ordering any outstanding shirt orders this week and will ship upon receipt.
VIRTUAL T-SHIRT SHIPPING UPDATE
Participants who registered as a "VIRTUAL RUNNER":
If you have registered as a virtual runner through 10/15/20, your shirt(s) have been packaged and sent. We will continue sending shirts to virtual runners once a week.
LOCAL T-SHIRT UPDATE
Participants who registered as a "LOCAL NH RUNNER":
All unclaimed shirt orders that are not picked up by October 21st, 2020 will be shipped over the next several weeks.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR AMAZING GENEROSITY!
Thank you to all of our supporters who have participated, fundraised and donated. We have SURPASSED our crucial $100,000 goal!
Top Team: The Lunatics!
Top Fundraiser: John E. Foley
Top Donors: Intec Automation, Inc. AND The National Press Club
Team with the most Participants: JAR (Jim's Amazing Reach)
Because we were not able to join together in person, but in spirit, we would like all of our runners and walkers to send their run day photos so that we may share them with the world!
Pictures will be shared on our Shutterfly page as we receive them.
Celebrating 6 Amazing Years!
2020 Freedom Run
NEW THIS YEAR!
2020 T-Shirt Vote!
This year, the James W. Foley Freedom Run asked to hear from you! Thank you to all of our runners who voted!
The winning color for the 2020 James W. Foley Virtual Freedom Run is:
- 1 Sally Johnson $928.04 raised
- 2 Diane Foley $659.35 raised
- 3 Mike Boyle $565.87 raised
- 4 John Foley $540.00 raised
- 5 Michael Boland $538.87 raised
- 6 Martha Jackson $481.45 raised
- 7 Janice Wolly $460.15 raised
- 8 Thomas Durkin $451.60 raised
- 9 Brendan Hopkins $350.00 raised
- 10 Morgan Till $341.45 raised
- 1 The Lunatics! $7,867.49 raised
- 2 JAR (Jim’s Amazing Reach) $5,684.71 raised
- 3 Foley Freedom Walkers $4,850.37 raised
- 4 Foley's Gutter Stars $4,597.43 raised
- 5 PBS NewsHour runs for Jim $2,470.15 raised
- 6 Running Late $2,289.21 raised
- 7 KRHS Legacy Team $2,210.15 raised
- 8 The Cervantes Group $2,091.64 raised
- 9 Axios' 1 big team $1,348.63 raised
- 10 Atlantic Media Coywolves $1,259.02 raised
Share on Social Media!
Once you register for the run on www.foleyrun.org, you have the option to share the news on Twitter and Facebook!
Customize your message by creating your own hashtags. Share with your friends what participating in the Freedom Run means to you. You can use the official hashtag of the run #IRunForJim or personalize your run with your own hashtag and encourage others to do the same with #WhoDoYouRunFor?
For more tips on social media sharing, check out our Social Media ToolKit!