- 1 Jan Hufnal $6,515.00 raised
- 2 Fred Melton $5,150.00 raised
- 3 Daniel Luettgen $4,450.00 raised
- 4 Janice Reissig $1,300.00 raised
- 5 Hope Munson $1,110.02 raised
- 1 Hope Lutheran Church Walk Team $1,555.00 raised
- 2 Qualicon Alumni $1,345.00 raised
- 3 Good Shepherd $1,180.00 raised
- 4 Barclays Information Delivery $540.00 raised
- 5 Walking Watts $215.00 raised
Join us September 17, 2016 at Rockford Park for Lutheran Community Services' 25th Annual Hunger Walk Run! All proceeds from this event go towards operating our statewide food programs. Registration begins at 8 AM and all events start simultaneously at 9 AM.
Our first Walk Run was held in 1992 to support the food programs we began in the prior decade. It has since become one of our most popular fundraisers. Meanwhile, the demand for food has skyrocketed and the number of programs we support has grown. This summer our latest monthly food distribution will be starting at Faith Lutheran Church in Bear - an area of New Castle County not previously served. Our Choice Pantry has been open since February and offers clients the chance to shop for their own items with the aid of a nutritionally sound shopping list.
2015 Walk Run
- View More Recent Activity
In honor of our 25th Anniversary, LCS has asked volunteers Lorraine, Diane and Jo Ellen to create a quilt from past t-shirts. Anyone who raises $250 or more will be entered in a special raffle to win this one-of-a-kind keepsake! See below for a special sneak peak at the quilt.