- View More Recent Activity
IT'S A RACE FOR FINANCIAL LITERACY!
Junior Achievement of Northern California is proud to partner with the San Francisco Giants, for the 2018 San Francisco Giant Race Presented by Alaska Airlines 5K,10k and half-marathon! By participating in this event, you will help provide youth programs to over 85,000 Northern California students by fundraising and running the streets near AT&T Park home of the San Francisco Giants
SPONSOR A STUDENT!
Each individual who reaches their fundraising minimum to run will officially sponsor a JA student to run the 5K as well!!
The fundraising minimum for the San Francisco Giants Race is $150 and all donations support Junior Achievement's K-12 student programs.
Runners will pick up their bibs, timing chips, technical tees, and bobbleheads at the expo.
*By fundraising for Junior Achievement, your entry fee for the race is waived.
All Adult Races are on Sunday, September 9th, 2018
- Half Marathon at 7am PST
- 10K at 7am PST
- 5K at 10:50am PST
Races begin outside of AT&T Park
Saturday, September 8th, 2018 - 12:00pm inside AT&T Park
About the Kids Race
- Course: entirely within AT&T Park on the field and finishes in the same spot as the adults.
- Three Age Divisions: (4-6 = 1 Giant lap, 7-9 = 2 Giant laps, 10-12 = 3 Giant laps).
- Goodies: all runners receive a bib, medal, and a bobblehead!
- Kids run for FREE, but can help fundraise too!
- All parents/family/friends will be required to stay in the stands. Repeat: no parents allowed on the field. In other words, your child must be able participate on his/her own. DON’T WORRY, we’ll have plenty of smiling helpers to ensure all kids are safely and efficiently returned to their parents in the staging area.
*Note: First 100 kids (Ages 4-12) race for FREE
Fundraising Challenge! Be a Super Fund-Runner
Raise over $1,000 by the end of our fundraising period (September 7th at 11:59PM) to be entered into a drawing for a 2-night stay at the Hilton, at San Francisco Union Square!
Win a voucher for 2 nights at this fantastic hotel and enjoy the City’s shopping and theater district. Relax in luxury after a hard-fought fund-run and take a weekend off on us!
*One winner will be drawn from all fundraisers who raise over $1,000 for this event, at a date following the Giants race. All fundraisers are eligible.
Fundraising Challenge! Be a Super-Duper Fund-Runner
Raise over $5,000 by the end of our fundraising period (September 7th at 11:59PM) to win a Pregame Field Visit at AT&T Park with the San Francisco Giants for you and one guest!
Win the opportunity to meet your favorite players and see the field from their perspective! All participating JA fund-runners are eligible, so keep up the hard work and go out and fundraise like you never have before!