- 1 Stephanie Lichter $1,696.59 raised
- 2 Erik Lichter $306.87 raised
- 3 Ziggys Ziggys $150.00 raised
- 4 Bianca Burgess $102.75 raised
- 5 Acosta & Lichter P.A. $100.00 raised
- 6 Najla Archer $77.06 raised
- 7 Paras Bajaj $51.37 raised
- 8 Ashley Bailey $50.00 raised
- 9 Natalia Lilly $50.00 raised
- 10 Brianne Neuburger $50.00 raised
- 1 Dierickx - Lichter Team In Memory of Moe $1,871.59 raised
- 2 Sweet Lich's $306.87 raised
- 3 Ziggys $150.00 raised
- 4 Acosta & Lichter P.A. $120.00 raised
- 5 Cleveland Clinic Florida $101.37 raised
- 6 Jha Jha’s Pulmonary Fibrosis Fighters $77.06 raised
- 7 Transplant Survivors $0.00 raised
The word “pulmonary” means lung and the word “fibrosis” means scar tissue— similar to scars that you may have on your skin from an old injury or surgery. So, in its simplest sense, pulmonary fibrosis (PF) means scarring in the lungs. Over time, the scar tissue can destroy the normal lung and make it hard for oxygen to get into your blood. Low oxygen levels (and the stiff scar tissue itself) can cause you to feel short of breath, particularly when walking and exercising.
No one is certain how many people are affected by PF. One recent study estimated that idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (or IPF, which is just one of more than 200 types of PF) affects 1 out of 200 adults over the age of 65 in the United States—that translates to more than 200,000 people living with PF today. Approximately 50,000 new cases are diagnosed each year and as many as 40,000 Americans die from IPF each year.
Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation Walk-a-thon!
Sunday, September 16, 2018
9:30 AM - Registration
10:00 AM- Walk Begins
Tropical Park Stadium
7900 SW 40th St, Miami, FL 33155
Walk with us, raise funds and lead the way towards a world without pulmonary fibrosis with us on Sunday, September 16th!
Patients, families, caregivers and friends are invited to join for us in an effort to unite the community, raise funds, build awareness, and sustain vital programs that help people with PF and their families live better lives.
- View More Recent Activity
Join a team: If you were recruited by a friend or family member to walk, select "join a team", and enter the existing team name during registration.
Create a team: If you would like to start your own team to recruit others to walk with you, select the "create a team" option during registration. Don't forget to have your team name handy!
Individual fundraiser: If you are planning on walking by yourself, simply register as an individual fundraiser. You can always create or join a team later!
Non-fundraising participant: You don't need to fundraise to walk! Feel free to register as a non-fundraising participant and help PF by spreading the word about our walk!
Our Newest Participants
- Eddie Castillo $0.00 raised
- Ashley Bailey $50.00 raised
- Natalia Lilly $50.00 raised
- Nikolas Salles $0.00 raised
- Danelis Delgado $25.00 raised
- Erik Lichter $306.87 raised
- Geraldite Dugue $0.00 raised
- Luis Jarquil $0.00 raised
- Ziggys Ziggys $150.00 raised
- Brianne Neuburger $50.00 raised