Michele’s Fundraising Page
Hello! This year I'm participating in the 5th Annual Autism SpectRUN and raising money for The Kennedy Center Autism Programs and Services.
The Kennedy Center provides comprehensive Autism program services that empower, support and educate local children, teens and young adults with Autism, while giving each of them confidence, community and connections.
All programs are subsidized through fundraising, so every local family has access to essential programs.
These program services include:
- 30 ongoing social activity groups for children and young adults, teaching age- appropriate social, communication and life skills.
- Family programs for respite and parent/caregiver & sibling support.
- Recreation and Enrichment programs, including programs in the arts, science, cooking, and Healing Water's Swimming Lessons.
- Workshops on topics such as behavior management, health issues, daily living skills, education advocacy, sitter training and financial planning. Assistance with information on services and resources for both families and professionals.
- Other needed programs and services, such as in-home behavioral services, after-school, summer and transition programs, and professional trainings.
- The Cindy Dworken Memorial Scholarship Fund to provide financial assistance to low-income families.
- Seven Community Experience (Day Support) programs designed specifically for adults with ASD.
- Jobs support and career training for adults in transition.
Together, we can make a difference for children, teens and adults with Autism.