- View More Recent Activity
Join the Fight for a Cure!
Join Team FD as we fight back against fibrous dysplasia/McCune-Albright syndrome (FD/MAS). This is our 4th year participating in the Million Dollar Bike Ride with Cindi Brandt Levin and the Levin Family as our Team Captains.
FD/MAS is a rare and debilitating disease that has no FDA-approved treatment. It causes bone tumors to grow in place of normal bone, and often causes chronic pain, loss of mobility, hormonal imbalances, skin marks, deformity and more. There's no cure, and no way to slow it down.
Thanks to our partners at the University of Pennsylvania Orphan Disease Center, 100% of the donations to this fundraiser will go DIRECTLY to cutting-edge research grants.
Plus, your donation helps keep Team FD eligible for $50,000 in matching funds from UPenn every year. Don't wait, donate today!
This Bike Ride POWERS Research
In our first three years with the Million Dollar Bike Ride, we've raised about $300,000 for FD/MAS research. Funded studies go through a competitive review process.
Here's where that funding went:
- $53,614 to Dr. Mara Riminucci of Sapienza University of Rome for her project: “Exploring the therapeutic potential of RANKL inhibition in Fibrous Dysplasia of bone: studies on murine transgenic models of the disease,” and
- $53,614 to Dr. Yingzi Yang of Harvard School of Dental Medicine for her project: “Mechanistic and Therapeutic Studies of Fibrous Dysplasia in a New Mouse Model.”
- How do these studies fit in to the fight to #CureFDMAS?: Learn more here.
- $58,500 to Dr. J. Silvio Gutkind of Development of Moores Cancer Center, UC San Diego for his project: "Next-Gen Animal Models for Fibrous Dysplasia(FD)/McCune-Albright Syndrome(MAS)"
- $58,500 to Dr. Mara Riminucci of Sapienza University of Rome for her project: "Mouse Models of Fibrous Dysplasia as a Tool for Developing Rational and Effective Therapies."
- How do these studies fit in to the fight to #CureFDMAS?: Learn more here or from this update.
Our Newest Participants
- Adam's Friends and Fans $6,414.10 raised
- Ziv and Orit Rozenblum $70,910.24 raised
- Jessie Foster $0.00 raised
- Justin and Sarah Healy $66,707.75 raised
- Wahoo Riders Kim, Brian, Liam, and Odessa $13,771.00 raised
- Barb Robinson $484.20 raised
- Darci C $1,013.71 raised
- Leah Suprise $0.00 raised
- Yarlagadda Kiran Kumar Murty $1,020.00 raised
- Skye Steppe $309.00 raised
- lauren ruotolo $4,367.05 raised
- Chryslyn England $0.00 raised