Frequently Asked Questions
When is the event?
The event will be held at Eden Prairie Center on Sunday, January 26, 2020 from 12:30 p.m.- 3:30 p.m.. **Dancers please arrive and check-in at 12:00 p.m.. (Star Babies and Sugar Babies check-in at 1:45 p.m.)
Can I still register?
Online registration deadline is Saturday, January 11, 2020. This is also the deadline for receiving an event t-shirt and for family sponsors to get their name on the back of the t-shirt (if a family raises $150+ by January 11, they'll get their family name on the 2020 DWC event t-shirt).
How will the event work?
Our Dance Marathon will feature Dance Arts Centre instructors leading group dance sessions throughout the day. All interactive dance sessions will be appropriate for all ages and skill levels. In addition, each team will perform one of their team dances during their assigned session!
Once again Tom Butler, from Fox 9 Morning Show will help emcee our event, which will include camper interviews and special performances and appearances, including our very own DAC Dads!
Dance With Courage Schedule
12:00 p.m. - All Teams Check-in
12:30-12:45 - Session 1
12:45-1:00 - Three groups and interview
1:00-1:15 - Session 2
1:15-1:30 - Three groups and interview
1:30-1:45 - Session 3
1:45-2:00 - Three groups and interview
2:00-2:15 - Session 4
2:15-2:30 - Three groups and interview
2:30-2:45 - Session 5
2:45-3:00 - Three groups and interview
3:00-3:15 - Session 6 (Dance party)
3:15-3:30 p.m. - Two groups and Grand Total/Drawings and Awards
Will Dads and Daughters be participating?
Our DAC Dads will be dancing with their daughters at 3:15 p.m. With their registration (see registration info in next FAQ question), Dads will receive a t-shirt that he will be wearing for this performance. Please arrive at 2:45 p.m. to check-in!
How should Dancing Dads register?
All dads should register individually and select their child's dance team when asked which dance competition team they're on. That way the dad's $15 registration counts towards their child's team's total. If a Dancing Dad has more than one child on different dance competition teams then they can select the team "DWC Supporters" (that way their $15 registration isn't going towards one of their child's team's total and not another). If a dancing dad would like their webpage linked to their child's webpage, please email email@example.com and the webpages will be linked as a group. Linking webpagese isn't necessary for dancing dads but can be nice when sharing the webpage with family and friends as it lists both the dancing dad and child as part of the group.
What to bring?
We ask all coats and personal belongings be left in the Community Room. Bring your jazz shoes and appropriate shoes for your performance and don’t forget your SMILE!
What NOT to bring?
Cell phones, purses, and other valuables. Please do not leave any valuables in the Community Room.
What to wear?
Dancers will wear black leotard, black leggings, Dance with Courage t-shirt, jazz shoes, hair in team bun, and light makeup.
Dancers will not be changing for their performance.
Can friends and family participate?
Yes! We encourage our dancers to invite a friend to register for the event and join the fun! Have them register by January 11 to receive their official Dance with Courage event t-shirt. DAC Dancers will receive any guest’s t-shirts during class to distribute to registered guests. To do this, register the friend under the same dance competition team as the DWC dancer. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org and state the names of the friend and the dancer and they will be linked together.
Will dancers be able to take a break or shop during the Dance Marathon?
No, the shopping will need to wait for another day. In order to create a safe and organized event, all participants will be required to check-in at their assigned time. If dancers need to leave the dance area to use the restroom, dancers will need to be escorted by one of our parent volunteers. Dancers must stay inside the sanctioned dance area during the event and may take breaks along the sides.
*Parents - Feel free to shop or enjoy lunch while your dancers participate in the event!
Will chairs be available to sit and watch?
Limited seating will be available for True Friends participants. There will be plenty of standing room around the dance floor and upper balcony.
How can I help?
We LOVE our Dance Arts Centre volunteers! In order to make this event a success we are asking for several volunteers to help chaperone, secure our private changing space, and set up/clean up. Please sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094ca8aa22a02-dance2
How can I get my name on the official Dance with Courage t-shirt?
Every DAC family who raises $150 by January 11th will have their name added to our t-shirt!
How can I make a matching gift from my employer?
If your employer provides a matching gift opportunity that’s great! Here’s the steps to do it:
- Click the box, “This donation can be matched” when making an online gift to DWC. Enter the matching company and the matching donation amount.
NOTE: After making your donation you will receive an auto-email thanking you for your personal gift and listing its gift summary details (at the very bottom of email. This is proof of your personal donation that your employer can then match.).
- You will need to follow up with your employer to secure the matching gift. You’ll need to fill out your employer’s required paperwork which typically asks for True Friends EIN (Tax ID #): 41-1543013, contact info: True Friends 10509 108th St NW, Annandale, MN 55302, 952-852-0101, email@example.com, and proof of your donation. For proof of your donation, use a copy of your auto-email thank you and gift summary.
- . There will be somewhat of a lag from when you initiate a matching donation to when it shows up in the dancer’s fundraising thermometer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org that you’ve completed the matching gift paperwork (or if you have any questions on completing it). Once you’ve confirmed the paperwork has been completed, the matching gift will be officially confirmed and will reflect in the fundraising thermometer. The matching gift check from your employer typically takes a few weeks or longer to be received at True Friends, but this way if we know the paperwork is completed, we can confirm the donation and count it towards your dancers’ fundraising totals.
How do I become a Corporate Sponsor?
We have two levels of sponsorship available:
PREMIER SPONSOR LEVEL - $500 and;
GOLD SPONSOR LEVEL - $250.
For more information please contact: Jennifer.Velarde@me.com
How to Register: Individual fundraising from January 2, 2020 - January 26, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.!
DWC 2020 Registration Steps
- Go to www.dancewithcourage.org (it’ll also appear as https://secure.qgiv.com/event/dancewithcourage2020/)
- Click “Register”
- Click “Register as a Fundraising Participant”
- Enter email address
*If you can, use the same email as last year
*If you forgot your password click “I need help with my password”
You’ll need to go to your email to click the link to reset your password.
Qgiv will automatically remember the dancer’s name associated with the email address.
- Go back to www.dancewithcourage.org and click “Register” and repeat steps using new password
- Follow prompts, fill in shirt size and credit card information
To Customize your personal fundraising page
- Go to www.dancewithcourage.org and click “Login or Sign up”
- Enter your email and password
- You will now be on your “Dashboard” which will allow you to customize your page, goal, add photos, etc.
- Click “My fundraising tools” and “edit my page”
If you have any questions about registering or logging in please contact Brooke Jensen at email@example.com.
For more information, follow us!
Facebook: Dance With Courage
Battle of the Pigs:
Each competition team is in a battle against each other! Your online donations will count toward both your individual fundraising total and your team’s total! We will be combining the piggy money and your online donations. Which team will be victorious?! The top 3 teams who raise the most will receive a prize.
- BONUS PRIZE - Fox Promo video- for highest team total by dancer (averages) on January 11, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- 1st place team - DAC Dance Blitz- complete with an evening full of food, games, photo shoot, fun, and private master class (April 11, 2020)
- 2nd place team - Team Pizza Party – During Class
- 3rd place team - Cupcake Social – During Class
How does the DAC Courage Raffle work?
- For every $10 raised, your dancer/family will receive 1 TICKET! Registrations under you/your family will credit to you, so invite your friends to register for the event and donate to support you!
- Dancers get to place their tickets into the drawing of their choice!
- Families will receive an envelope with your families’ tickets at registration. Use at your own discretion to divide tickets and prizes accordingly.
- Examples of DAC Courage Raffle items: Sewing Lesson for you and a friend with Miss Laura, Teacher for the Day, Tea and Stories with Miss Julia, and many more!
January 2-4 - Dance with Courage Kick-Off
January 11 - (by 11:59 p.m.) Fox Promo contest deadline, t-shirt order deadline, family sponsorship deadline of raising $150+ to have family name on the shirt
January 21 - (by 11:59 p.m.) Online fundraising for raffle tickets ends
January 23 - (by 11:59 p.m.) Battle of the Pigs ends
January 26 - (by 10:00 a.m.) Team Fundraising competition ends and top individual fundraising ends
January 26 - Dance with Courage! Be sure to check in at 12:00 p.m. at the Eden Prairie Center Rotunda.
**Raise $150+ by January 11, 2020 to add your family name on our
2020 Dance with Courage event t-shirt!**