Thank you for visiting our event page. We are so excited to be back in person this year for our 12th Annual Down Syndrome Awareness Walk at Riverside Park in Neenah on Saturday, October 2nd!
Although our office doors were closed for over a year, the dreams of people with Down syndrome have NOT been on hold. With your help, we were able to provide 2,000+ hours of virtual programming for our families, over 10,970 hours of direct services, and so much MORE (check out the graphic below) in 2020...during a global pandemic! WOW - thank you! We rely on the incredible support of our community to make DSAW's services happen. The majority of our programs and events are fully funded by this annual Awareness Walk, and we need YOU to help make them happen. Join us!
For the safety of everyone in attendance, we encourage participants to wear masks for the duration of the event. Masks are required in indoor areas and in high-traffic locations where distancing is not possible. Thank you.
10:30 am - 12:30 pm Event check-in and on-site registration
10:30 am - 2:00 pm Bag lunches available
Fun activities for all ages!! (free for all registered walkers)
Raffles, DJ, Giant Slide, Rock Climbing Wall, Trampoline Bungee Jumping, Petting Zoo, and more!
2:00 pm - 1 mile non-competetive walk along Lake Winnebago
2:30 pm - Raffle winners announced and posted, must be present for bucket raffle, need not be present for larger ticket item drawings
Pre-register online until 10pm CST on Friday, September 17th, 2021.
Registration includes awareness walk, activities, t-shirt. Bag lunches will be provided for an additional fee.
Early T-shirt Pick-Up Info: T-shirts will be available for early pickup September 19th (4:30-6:30pm) and 21st (5:30-7:30pm) for those who wish to pick-up their shirts before the day of the walk. Individuals must register by August 31st in order to have their shirts available for early pickup.
Day Of: T-shirts will also be available to be picked up at the walk on October 2. T-shirt tables will be located near registration.
By registering for this event, you agree to DSAW's Terms & Conditions.
$1,000 Team Signs
Any team that raises at least $1,000 should contact email@example.com to receive a personalized yard sign with your team name and an image of your individual with Down syndrome. The deadline to send in your image and reach your goal is September 15th.
Virtual Walk Participant
We will have precautions in place to ensure the safety of all of our guests at this event. We will be abiding by any current state and local guidelines. If you're not comfortable going to the DSAW- Fox Cities Down Syndrome Awareness Walk on October 2, we invite you to register as a "Virtual Walk Participant" through the Statewide Awareness Walk Website so you can fundraise and enjoy online participation. We will even mail you a Statewide walk t-shirt! Make sure you follow our Facebook page so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
- 1 There Iz Hope $12,388.75 raised
- 2 Team Walter $10,176.00 raised
- 3 Cruisin' with Cameron $9,840.35 raised
- 4 Walking with David $6,020.00 raised
- 5 Dan K and the Partay $5,622.15 raised
- 6 StrongWill $5,614.80 raised
- 7 Leg Up For Liam! $5,496.13 raised
- 8 Chloe’s Crew $5,103.60 raised
- 9 Ollie's Entourage $3,061.06 raised
- 10 Tyler's Tygers $2,601.55 raised
- 11 Team Lillie $2,258.50 raised
- 12 Caleb's Crew $2,115.65 raised
- 13 Siebers Stampeders $2,012.55 raised
- 14 Team Julia $1,954.30 raised
- 15 Sophia's Strolling Supporters $1,715.00 raised
- 16 Maggie's Angel Army $1,501.05 raised
- 17 Z Crew: Lil & Ru $1,424.10 raised
- 18 Aaron's Avengers $1,423.00 raised
- 19 Team Tajah $1,406.50 raised
- 20 Delaney’s Dreams $1,376.80 raised
- 1 Tina Duehring $6,459.75 raised
- 2 ADAM SPRANGERS $4,042.00 raised
- 3 Jen Kalishek $3,611.05 raised
- 4 Andrea Jones $2,592.00 raised
- 5 Melanie Robinson $1,672.65 raised
- 6 Michelle Zoromski $1,110.00 raised
- 7 Jennie Kniebes-Peterson $1,100.00 raised
- 8 Erin Countney $1,068.50 raised
- 9 Nick Wilke $1,012.00 raised
- 10 Terri Handrich $1,012.00 raised
- 11 Michelle Delke $1,011.05 raised
- 12 Mary Krueger $1,008.00 raised
- 13 Debbie Merkel $660.00 raised
- 14 Ahriana Duley $641.00 raised
- 15 Jill Siebers $626.55 raised
- 16 Anna Munn $547.00 raised
- 17 Melissa Troedel $510.00 raised
- 18 Ana Hauser $508.00 raised
- 19 Alexandria Feavel $508.00 raised
- 20 Krystal Prinsen $503.00 raised
About DSAW-Fox Cities
The vision of the Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin - Fox Cities (DSAW-FC) is that we all understand the value of those with Down syndrome in our lives and our communities. We continually strive for full acceptance, full access, full life and full potential. Check out our website.
We are a chapter of: The Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin
The Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin's mission is to provide support to Wisconsin families and individuals with Down syndrome and related disabilities through awareness, education, information, programs, services, and the exchange of ideas and experiences. We promote the value of those with Down syndrome in our lives and our communities. We continually strive toward full acceptance, full access, full potential and a full life to make Wisconsin the best supported state for people with Down syndrome and their loved ones. Visit our website to learn more.