WE'RE WALKING THIS WEEKEND!
The weather is going to perfect for a morning walk around Jamaica Pond. Please join us for FriendshipWorks' 7th annual Walk to End Elder Isolation on May 15, 2022 beginning at 9 am for registration and breakfast. We'd love to see you at Rogerson House in Jamaica Plain (see our FAQ's for directions, parking, and more). Leashed dogs are welcome, and dog-free zones will be available.
Our mission is to reduce social isolation, enhance the quality of life, and preserve the dignity of older adults in Greater Boston. We accomplish this by recruiting and training volunteers of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds who provide friendship, advocacy, education, assistance, and emotional support.
Check out our website to see all the fantastic programs your gift supports, which allows FriendshipWorks to bring joy and companionship to isolated elders.
We are aware that not everyone is ready to gather in a group, even outdoors. That's why the Walk will be hybrid: in person walking around Jamaica Pond, and on Facebook; just go to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fw4elders to join us remotely. We hope you will join us.
This year, we are also offering you the option to do a 5K run in partnership with Jamaica Pond parkrun on Saturday, May 14. Click the 5K tab at the top of this page to learn more.
Consider walking or running in honor or in memory of a special person or friendship in your life. Proudly wear a sticker with their name on it during the event.
Friendship Walks, Friendship Talks, that's why FriendshipWorks!
Help with the Walk
Would you like to volunteer to help with the Walk, either before or during? Click below to see all the ways you can help.
Walk to End Elder Isolation Leaderboard
- 1 Connie Packard $15,872.00 raised
- 2 Dean Denniston, Jr. $7,111.28 raised
- 3 Julie Kaufmann $4,071.62 raised
- 4 Janet Seckel-Cerrotti $3,192.00 raised
- 5 Mary Jo McCarthy $2,032.80 raised
- 6 Kyle Robidoux $1,914.06 raised
- 7 Mark Byrne $1,815.50 raised
- 8 Alex Rengifo $1,500.00 raised
- 9 Cathy Fabrizi $1,340.00 raised
- 10 Patricia Catalano $1,185.50 raised
- 11 Carol Kemp $1,128.50 raised
- 12 Susan Foster $965.00 raised
- 13 Julie Burkley $946.50 raised
- 14 Phil Fonseca $832.70 raised
- 15 Koren Iskra $765.00 raised
- 16 Patricia Maguire $749.00 raised
- 17 Wallace S. Fold $666.70 raised
- 18 Patty Donlin $529.50 raised
- 19 Lynn Sekulow $529.10 raised
- 20 Fernando Salinas-Quiroz $516.50 raised
- 1 Walking with Connie $15,872.00 raised
- 2 Gus Busters $7,341.48 raised
- 3 JK Dances $4,227.62 raised
- 4 Cerrotti Family & Furry Friends $3,422.00 raised
- 5 Patty Cake Walkers $2,697.70 raised
- 6 MJM $2,032.80 raised
- 7 Holy Walk-amole! (Friendly Visiting Team) $1,948.30 raised
- 8 Sherrill House, Inc $1,932.50 raised
- 9 Kyle's Crew $1,914.06 raised
- 10 The Golden Girls $1,869.50 raised
- 11 Pun in the Sun $1,815.50 raised
- 12 Strolling Friends $1,178.50 raised
- 13 Foster's Friends and Family $965.00 raised
- 14 Walk to Connect $946.50 raised
- 15 United To End Isolation $765.00 raised
- 16 Friends of Sgt. Stubby $749.00 raised
- 17 Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development $541.50 raised
- 18 Seniors Helping Seniors $451.00 raised
- 19 Paws for the Cause $416.10 raised
- 20 Finnegan's Friends & Family $346.80 raised
Our Newest Participants
- AM Alessio Miniello $300.00 raised
- NR Naomi Ribner $20.00 raised
- ES Eileen Shea $106.00 raised
- ES Emily Shea $50.00 raised
- FR Fernando Rosario $0.00 raised
- IR Ilani Rosario $0.00 raised
- SA Suleica Anziani $0.00 raised
- LEAH Lopes $53.00 raised
- IB IRVING Bluestein $25.00 raised
- MB Michelle Becker $0.00 raised
- KA Kathy and Chris Jones $0.00 raised
- JS Josh Smith $0.00 raised
- LB Lorene Begley $0.00 raised
- JC Jesse Cerrotti $20.00 raised
- D. Peter McIntyre $144.00 raised
- Karen Poggi $230.20 raised
- LD Lora Deronville $0.00 raised
- NM Nuala McDonagh $0.00 raised
- EB Emily Bellush $0.00 raised
- ME Mary Ellen Loiacono $25.00 raised