YOU CAN STILL WALK AND COLLECT DONATIONS!
The weather was perfect for FriendshipWorks' 7th annual Walk to End Elder Isolation on May 15, 2022. Over 200 supporters (including over a dozen canine companions) make this walk one to remember. Thank you for celebrating with us, whether it was in person or in spirit.
We've added a gallery of photos below; feel free to share this page with friends. If you have photos, send them our way (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Although we’ve raised over $90,000 in donations and pledges, we’re still in need of a boost to get us to the finish line before our fiscal year ends on June 30!
Remember, funds raised through our Walk support our FIVE critical programs, which allow us to bring joy and companionship to isolated elders all over Greater Boston.
Couldn't make it to the Walk? You can still take your own walk--anywhere, any time--and ask your friends and family to support your efforts to bring joy and companionship to isolated elders.
And by the way, here’s a TV news segment on the Walk with some highlights: https://www.nbcboston.com/
FriendshipWorks' mission is to reduce social isolation, enhance the quality of life, and preserve the dignity of older adults in Greater Boston. Check out our website to see all the fantastic programs your gift supports!
Consider donating in honor or in memory of a special person or friendship in your life.
Friendship Walks, Friendship Talks, that's why FriendshipWorks!
Help with the Walk
The Walk may be finished, but the work continues. Would you like to help with next year's walk? Click below to see all the ways you can help at our events.
Walk to End Elder Isolation Leaderboard
- 1 Connie Packard $15,925.00 raised
- 2 Dean Denniston, Jr. $7,570.28 raised
- 3 Janet Seckel-Cerrotti $4,992.00 raised
- 4 Julie Kaufmann $4,360.12 raised
- 5 Mary Jo McCarthy $2,032.80 raised
- 6 Kyle Robidoux $1,914.06 raised
- 7 Mark Byrne $1,815.50 raised
- 8 Alex Rengifo $1,500.00 raised
- 9 Cathy Fabrizi $1,446.00 raised
- 10 Patricia Catalano $1,185.50 raised
- 11 Carol Kemp $1,128.50 raised
- 12 Susan Foster $965.00 raised
- 13 Julie Burkley $946.50 raised
- 14 Phil Fonseca $832.70 raised
- 15 Koren Iskra $765.00 raised
- 16 Patricia Maguire $749.00 raised
- 17 Wallace S. Fold $666.70 raised
- 18 Patty Donlin $629.50 raised
- 19 Lynn Sekulow $554.10 raised
- 20 Dana Kern $553.00 raised
- 1 Walking with Connie $15,925.00 raised
- 2 Gus Busters $7,800.48 raised
- 3 Cerrotti Family & Furry Friends $5,222.00 raised
- 4 JK Dances $4,516.12 raised
- 5 Patty Cake Walkers $2,697.70 raised
- 6 The Golden Girls $2,075.50 raised
- 7 MJM $2,032.80 raised
- 8 Holy Walk-amole! (Friendly Visiting Team) $1,973.30 raised
- 9 Sherrill House, Inc $1,932.50 raised
- 10 Kyle's Crew $1,914.06 raised
- 11 Pun in the Sun $1,815.50 raised
- 12 Strolling Friends $1,178.50 raised
- 13 Foster's Friends and Family $965.00 raised
- 14 Walk to Connect $946.50 raised
- 15 Aloft Team $789.50 raised
- 16 United To End Isolation $765.00 raised
- 17 Friends of Sgt. Stubby $749.00 raised
- 18 Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development $541.50 raised
- 19 Seniors Helping Seniors $451.00 raised
- 20 Team Truman $450.00 raised
Our Newest Participants
- YH Yolanda Hammond $0.00 raised
- MH Monica Hurd $236.50 raised
- DK Dana Kern $553.00 raised
- AM Alessio Miniello $300.00 raised
- NR Naomi Ribner $20.00 raised
- ES Eileen Shea $106.00 raised
- ES Emily Shea $50.00 raised
- FR Fernando Rosario $0.00 raised
- IR Ilani Rosario $0.00 raised
- SA Suleica Anziani $0.00 raised
- LEAH Lopes $53.00 raised
- IB IRVING Bluestein $25.00 raised
- MB Michelle Becker $0.00 raised
- KA Kathy and Chris Jones $0.00 raised
- JS Josh Smith $0.00 raised
- LB Lorene Begley $0.00 raised
- JC Jesse Cerrotti $20.00 raised
- D. Peter McIntyre $144.00 raised
- Karen Poggi $230.20 raised
- LD Lora Deronville $0.00 raised