Friday, February 19th, 2021
Are YOU up to the challenge???
NEW This Year!
Participate virtually and/or spend the night in a vehicle instead of a cardboard box!
The pandemic has been devastating for those experiencing homelessness in our community.
Gimme Shelter is an event hosted by Phoenix Community Development Services to give our citizens an opportunity to help in the fight to end homelessness in Central Illinois and to raise awareness of the challenges faced by those without homes.
Gimme Shelter will be held the evening of Friday, Feb 19th, 2021. Participants can be a part of a socially distanced, in-person event at the RiverPlex in Peoria or can participate virtually from their home or other location. Participants are asked to raise $1000 for the "privilege" of spending the night outside, either in a cardboard box or a vehicle, from 6:00 pm in the evening until 6:00 am the next morning.
Gimme Shelter will:
- bring our community together
- raise awareness of the plight of those with nowhere to call home
- and provide a powerful opportunity to learn more about homelessness.
Participants will experience a bit of what it might be like to be outside, overnight, in the Central Illinois cold. Proceeds from Gimme Shelter will benefit Phoenix Community Development Services and support our continuing efforts to provide permanent supportive housing and homeless outreach services to end homelessness in our community.
We are asking our key partners to rally their friends, family, and networks to support our work. By participating in Gimme Shelter, you will help end homelessness in central Illinois, and you'll help your friends feel good about doing good!
Fundraising is easy to do, and it's fun! We'll even give you all the tools you'll need to make a difference. With your help we can end homelessness in our community!
Our Newest Participants
- Gordon Presley $0.00 raised
- A.J. Thomas III $178.75 raised
- Becky Runyon $76.25 raised
- Hannah Jordan $960.00 raised
- Zachary Oyler $0.00 raised
- Roxy Baker $288.75 raised
- Lawrence Maushard $100.00 raised
- RICHARD WEITZEL $1,120.00 raised
- Connor McDonald $50.00 raised
- Bill Reed $0.00 raised
- 1 Zack Baker $2,375.00 raised
- 2 JENNIFER DAWSON $1,955.00 raised
- 3 RICHARD WEITZEL $1,120.00 raised
- 4 Dan LaHood $1,063.50 raised
- 5 Anne Farrell Schutt $1,006.50 raised
- 6 Hannah Jordan $960.00 raised
- 7 Sara Runyon $866.25 raised
- 8 Christine Kahl $840.00 raised
- 9 Michael Knight $422.75 raised
- 10 Heather Ford $405.00 raised
- 1 Baker'z Dozen $2,852.75 raised
- 2 Team Dawson $1,955.00 raised
- 3 Rik & Roxy - CT 99.9 $1,587.50 raised
- 4 Reed & sons $1,154.50 raised
- 5 Northwestern Mutual Greater Peoria $1,056.50 raised
- 6 Two Sisters $257.01 raised
- 7 The Rothan Group $52.50 raised