LET'S GO ON A VIRTUAL MISSION TRIP
Together let's "pack our bags" and send much needed food to children in Haiti. In four 2-hour sessions, we can pack 100,000 meals—enough for an entire lunch program for a full school year. Ultimate Destination: Bois Negresse, Haiti Starting Place: Hope Lutheran Church in Bozeman When: Saturday, October 15, 2022 Register for a 2-hour session: 9-11 am, Noon-2 pm, 3-5 pm, 6-8 pm What: Gallatin Valley Packathon for Haiti is a hands-on service event where volunteers from all over our community team together and assemble school lunches. Goal: Pack and send 100,000 school lunches for 200 elementary students at the Light and Peace School every weekday through 2023. Who: You and 500 volunteers- all ages, faiths, ethnicities, parties, preferences Cost: The packathon event is free to attend! The 10 tons of rice, beans, dehydrated vegetables, and vitamin mix we pack and ship will cost $40,000. Each volunteer will pack about $80 worth of food per packing session. Please consider giving a donation if you can help meet the food and shipping costs of this event. How: Local non-profit, Future Forward for Haiti invites you to the good feelings that come from seeing a need and working together to alleviate it. You can support this fun, educational, family friendly, hands-on community event in two ways:
- Contribute Financially: the total grocery bill will be $40,000 for ingredients and shipping costs. Together, we can raise this!
- Register to Pack: Give us 2 hours on October 15, 2022 to work alongside other volunteers at Hope Lutheran Church in Bozeman. You could ask your family and friends to sponsor your work, or start a fundraising team.
Are you ready to come along? Click here for more information. Our community has the opportunity to journey beyond the Gallatin Valley and go on this virtual mission trip together. We can provide food to Haitian children who do not get enough to eat and help them get the most from their education. Plus, the bonus souvenirs of good feelings and renewed hope that comes after sharing food with others is easy to pack and bring home with you. Please Donate Now for packing ingredients and Register to Pack for a 2-hour session. If you prefer to donate with a check, please write it to Future Forward for Haiti, and mail it to 3805 Toole Street, Bozeman MT 59718. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with no paid employees so over 95% of your gift goes to provide these meals.
2021 Packathon donors and volunteers sent enough meals for all Bois Negresse students through 2022.
406 volunteers packed in 2021. We'll need 500 for 2022!
How long til lunch?
Our Haitian partners deliver the meals we pack.
Kay thanks school cooks.
Lunch helps students focus on their lessons
Nothing boosts attendance like lunch!
That's what I'm talking about!
- 1 Hope Lutheran $1,802.45 raised
- 2 Christ the King Lutheran $1,762.24 raised
- 3 Tuesday Wrapped In Prayer $1,135.49 raised
- 4 CTK’s Tuesday Noon Men’s Group $900.00 raised
- 5 Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming $408.00 raised
- 6 Christ the King Youth Group $304.90 raised
- 7 The Table Flippers $157.35 raised
- 8 Bozeman Barracudas $157.34 raised
- 9 Madison Valley Bank $104.90 raised
- 10 Bozeman Sunrise Rotary $52.45 raised
Here's how KBZK covered last year's Packathon.
- 1 Barb Benson $4,120.17 raised
- 2 KAY ROSEEN $2,212.25 raised
- 3 Marc and Lisa Beck $1,109.80 raised
- 4 Shelly Fallang $932.35 raised
- 5 Kathy Handelin $408.00 raised
- 6 renee schon $229.90 raised
- 7 AMY YOVICH $157.34 raised
- 8 Lisa Small $104.90 raised
- 9 Kat Ulgenes $104.90 raised
- 10 Mary Mouat $100.00 raised
- 11 Kim Bergo $83.92 raised
- 12 Kristin Harney $78.67 raised
- 13 Bob DuBose $52.45 raised
- 14 Mary Mouat $50.00 raised
- 15 Louise Jones $10.49 raised
- 16 Mariann Witthar $10.49 raised