The 2020 Walk for the Future supporting Metro Detroit Youth Clubs will be held on Saturday, August 29. This year’s walk occurs during unprecedented times and will take place virtually, physically distant but connected through mission. The arrival of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has brought with it rapid change and disruption, and our youth need the Club more than ever before. MDYC immediately launched an outreach effort to identify the basic needs and concerns of Club members and their families, and the Club has introduced programming to engage MDYC Club members so they can learn, grow, lead and succeed in this environment. Walk with us and help change lives!
About Metro Detroit Youth Clubs
Metro Detroit Youth Clubs serve over 2,200 Club members in locations throughout Metro Detroit. The mission of the Club is to empower youth to reach their full potential through safe, accessible, and inclusive experiences that open doors to a bright future, enabling every Club member to graduate from high school with a plan for college or career, contribute to their community and live a healthy life.
Building on 60 years of serving Metro Detroit youth, we are guided by our mission-focused, evidence-based programs focusing on: literacy, mental health services, mentoring, workforce development, and play opportunities in health and fitness.
By building on the pillars of Trust, Environment, Academic and Career, Character and Leadership and Health and Wellness (TEACH), we have long- term impact on our members. We strive to increase our impact on our “highly-engaged” Club members – those who attend the Clubs three times per week or more - through targeted, outcome-driven programs and services. Past evaluation has proven that Club programming is most impactful for those who attend and participate regularly, helping them succeed academically, make healthy choices and lead and serve in their communities.
The Club provides programs and services for an Annual Membership Fee of $50. Our actual cost is nearly $500 per Club member. Your investment enables the youth to have a safe place to turn to as they begin to navigate their future. You can learn more about the Club by visiting us at www.miclubs.org
A special thank you to our sponsors for their continued support!
- 1 Steve Rusin $6,350.00 raised
- 2 Bernie Ronnisch $5,000.00 raised
- 3 Tom Violante $1,001.00 raised
- 4 Kathleen Berryman $1,000.00 raised
- 5 Michael Lope $925.00 raised
- 1 Level One Bank $7,650.00 raised
- 2 Ronnisch Construction Group $6,500.00 raised
- 3 Holiday Heroes $1,001.00 raised
- 4 BerryPeople $1,000.00 raised
- 5 Lope $975.00 raised
Our Newest Participants
- BT Brooklynn Tocco $0.00 raised
- UT Urijah Tocco $0.00 raised
- Trina Tocco $200.00 raised
- ML Michael Lope $925.00 raised
- LS Levi Stubbs III $50.00 raised
- DB Daren Bossenberger $200.00 raised
- SG Steve Gustafson $0.00 raised
- TR Tim Ryan $0.00 raised
- SR Steve Rusin $6,350.00 raised
- DD Dan Dalton $500.00 raised
- BR Bernie Ronnisch $5,000.00 raised
- LT Liz Tillander $0.00 raised
- Brett Tillander $100.00 raised
- SO Sally Owen $365.00 raised
- RB Reid Beyerlein $0.00 raised