Group Fundraising Ideas
There are many things you can do as a team or a company to fundraise and take the pressure off of individual fundraising. Getting creative with your fundraising is a sure way to receive more donations. Below are some best practices shared by some of our most successful JA Bowl-A-Thon teams and companies.
- Companies can elect to sell Junior Achievement stickers to their employees to wear jeans at work for either $5 a day or $20 for the week! This is a fun and easy way to raise money – we have the stickers ready for you!
- Companies host bake sales either inside or outside of the office and then give proceeds to their JA Bowl-A-Thon team or fundraising page. This is a great way to try some baked goods!
- If your company sells merchandise or receives prototypes from vendors, this is a great way to get rid of that inventory and fundraise for your Bowl-A-Thon You can invite employees or open the invitation to anyone- it's up to you!
- Companies can host a BBQ at work where the proceeds of the food can be donated the JA Bowl-A-Thon. We know there are some great chefs out there!
- Have your company host an auction of donated items at the office or at the actual event with the proceeds going to the JA Bowl-A-Thon. Think of all the treasures you may have lying around the house!
Contests to earn money at JA Bowl-A-Thon event
- You may not have expert bowlers in your office, but someone has to have the high score right? Hold contests where a senior executive will donate money to the fundraising page of the person with the highest bowling score. Some great ideas we have seen are for: best score, turkeys and highest team scores.
Hold internal fundraising competitions between offices
- What better way to spark fundraising than a little friendly competition? Challenge another office in your area to a fundraising competition. Set a deadline for the day before the event and see which office can raise the most money and watch the donations come rolling in!
Individual Fundraising Ideas
We know that it can be intimidating to ask friends and family to donate, which is why we have created a list of individual fundraising ideas to help you reach your goal. Below are some best practices shared by our most successful JA Bowl-A-Thon participants.
Sell Krispy Kreme Donuts
- If you provide JA’s Tax ID number (84-0430495) to Krispy Kreme, they will sell you donuts at a discounted rate so then you can sell them for a profit. This is a great idea if you are located in a large office building where you can target people who aren’t participating in the event. To order, click HERE.
Sell Butter Braids
- When you work with Butter Braid through their Integrity Fundraising platform, you can sell Butter Braid pastries for $12 and earn $5 of the profit. All you have to do is contact Butter Braid and talk with a representative to set up your account. Then you go out, sell Butter Braids for two weeks, and collect cash and checks. Once the two week time period is up, you will cut a check to Butter Braid for their portion ($7 a Butter Braid) and keep the rest to be donated to your JA Bowl-A-Thon page. To set up your Butter Braid fundraiser, call 303-688-1780 or visit their website.
Sell Daffy Apples
- Order a discounted case (includes 24 apples) of either caramel with crunch apples, red with crunch apples or caramel with peanut apples for $16 total and sell each apple for $3. To order your case, send THIS FORM to Daffy Apples and call them at 303-288-7830 or visit www.daffyapple.com to set up your order!
Use your talents
- Cater to your strengths and offer them at a cost. For example: set up a photo booth and have your team take LinkedIn photos for $10 each.