Why I Am Supporting NWPP!
Snapshot of what makes Northwest Pilot Project great:
NWPP works with very low and extremely low-income seniors in Multnomah County to help them keep and find housing they can afford.
Thanks to the generosity of thousands of individuals and businesses, and through partnerships with area funders, we have provided housing placement, transportation and support to more than 40,000 older adults over the last 50 years. We believe housing is a human right and that every older adult deserves safe, decent housing they can afford
NWPP's Housing Program continued to provide critical housing services to older adults over the last year, despite the added complication of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In fiscal year 2019-2020:
- NWPP provided housing services to 894 households.
- Placed 175 seniors into housing.
- Helped prevent evictions for 233 seniors.
- Provided housing case management services to 242 households and on-site supportive services to 179 households currently living in affordable housing.
- Distributed over $230,000 in COVID CARES Relief funds to older adults experiencing housing instability due to the pandemic.
- Distributed $40,000 to 80 BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of color) financially impacted by COVID-19 as part of Multnomah County's Food Justice project.