Is fundraising required?
Yes, you must raise or donate the $1,000 minimum in order to rappel at the event.
Is there an age requirement to go Over The Edge?
No, but minors must have their waiver signed by a consenting parent or guardian and adhere to minimum weight restrictions.
Are there weight restrictions?
Yes, participants must be between 100-300 pounds to safely fit into the harness equipment.
Will training be provided before I rappel?
Absolutely! There will be certified rope experts providing training on-site to help you get adjusted to the harness, equipment, and technique before you go over the edge. No prior climbing or rappelling experience is necessary.
Can I attend the event if I’m not rappelling?
Of course! We encourage friends, family, and the community to come out and support our Edgers as they descend the 18-story building!
With over 1,000 successful Over The Edge events under their belt, safety is their specialty and our top priority.
Over The Edge safety measures include:
- trained and certified staff of industrial ropes experts
- adherence to state and national OHSA laws
- adherence to SPRAT governing procedures
- comprehensive insurance coverage
- site safety plan
- pre- and post-event equipment checks and building inspections
- oversight by a safety advisory board
- participant training and practice