To have a successful fundraising campaign, it's highly recommended you have regular communication with your team/network. Many of your colleagues and people in your network will be happy to participate by donating or spreading the word — but you have to ask! In every form of communication, make sure that your call-to-action is clear, and remember, to communicate the "why"... our kids need our support!
1. Create a Team or Individual Page: Select a name that tells us who you are (i.e.. company or organization name)
2. Set a fundraising goal that’s a stretch. You can even embed your fundraising thermometer on your page! Simply hover over the top right corner of the thermometer and click Embed This Widget then copy the code to your own website.
3. Personalize everything. When you tell people why a cause matters to you, they listen. Use your personal fundraising page and emails to relay a personal experience with CIS. Tell your friends and family how a our mission aligns with your beliefs/values. When something matters to you, it matters to the people who know & love you!
4. Spread the word. Email your friends, family and colleagues and invite them to join your team or simply make a donation to benefit your team. Share your page on social media. Follow CIS Central Texas on social media & share your favorite posts. Pick a day of the week (i.e.. Tuesdays) to send out messages to your email & social media networks. You can even create a schedule that includes customized content that is most meaningful to you and that will connect most with your team/network.
5. Ask more than once. It happens- people get busy and forget you asked them for help. Send out reminders by scheduling an email campaign! Not every email needs to contain a direct ask – but be sure you include a link to your personal fundraising page somewhere, like in your signature!
6. Thank your donors. Send a note, post a video, and/or tag them on social media! Being appreciated is a BIG deal!