SARC Walk A Mile In Her Shoes 2023
Bayside's Work Family and Linda's Village = One Great Tribe
Bayside's Work Family & Linda's Village
2023 is the 20 year mark for my survival of a domestic violence experience.
20 years, how huge is that?!!!
$5840.00 is always my fundraising goal amount since that is the number of days d.v. impacted my life.
Today, I can honestly say I am: happy, healthy, humble, worthy and grateful. I can also share that it was a LONG journey to recovery & understanding. My family and friends have been ever faithful and supportive all of these years and to them I owe my life, literally.
Bayside,CBS & SARC, collectively, have been my path to independence. Both have professionally & personally supported me since relocating to Maryland; I have truly been fortunate.
This year, I had the honor of helping 3 domestic violence victims who didn't even know my story. All 3, I directed immediatley to SARC who then recieved help in their needed areas on their own journey to safety and recovery. There is an exceptional amount of guilt and shame when you are in a domestic violence situation, but shame dies when stories are told in safe places. SARC is that safe place!
20 freakin years I would like to think that d.v. is so far in my past that it's a vivid memory or a harsh learning lesson in my life; neither are true. The reality is, it changed the entire trajectory of my life. It changed the core of who I am. I would like it to disappear, vaccumed into a black hole where it crumbles and disappears forever but instead it tags along. Some days more bright than others but it's always there. I am still a work in progress because of those 5840 days, however, today, I accept only the positive energy from that experience by honoring my village and tribe, by helping someone else so they can seek help comfortably, and wearing that survival like a badge of honor.
Bayside's Work Family & Linda's Village = One GREAT TRIBE
- Linda Marquardt Team Captain $4,941.60
- CM Christopher Marquardt $30.90
- SW Shawn Walton $25.75
- AO Ana Orellana $25.75
- TH Tanisha Harris $25.75
- LW Lynelle Wolfe $25.00
- JM Janet Marquardt $25.00
- CM Crystal Marquardt $25.00
- IY Iesha Young $25.00
- Melissa Johnson $25.00
- LB Liz Brannan $25.00
- GP Giselle Portillo Orellana $5.15
of your goal reached
Alexis Moyer donated $50.00 to Bayside's Work Family and Linda's Village = One Great Tribe
Alyson Amendola donated $51.50 to Bayside's Work Family and Linda's Village = One Great Tribe
Sandra Betz donated $25.00 to Bayside's Work Family and Linda's Village = One Great Tribe
- View More Recent Activity
- Alexis Moyer Last month $50.00
- Alyson Amendola Love to you, Linda. You will always have my support and friendship. Last month $51.50
- Sandra Betz Last month $25.00
- BAYSIDE CBS Fernando & Bernice donations Last month $51.50
- Anonymous from First Financial Federal Credit Union Last month $25.75
- View More Recent Supporters
- Bayside March 2023 $1,000.00
- First Financial Federal Credit Union In honor and support of Linda and the work of SARC. March 2023 $515.00
- Clear Voice Matters, LLC Paying it forward! Last month $272.69
- BAYSIDE CBS Donations from employees at Bayside CBS March 2023 $250.00
- Anonymous March 2023 $250.00
- View More Top Donors
Let's all wear SLIPPERS instead!