Sleep Out Columbus 2020 Sponsors
Sleep Out! Columbus 2020 Leaderboard
- 1 Jessica Barwell $1,730.00 raised
- 2 Ryan Konst $1,100.00 raised
- 3 Greg Barwell $1,075.00 raised
- 4 EVAN BOWEN $482.00 raised
- 5 Erica Schnitz $51.25 raised
- 1 Youth Angels $3,337.00 raised
- 2 Team Thesing $2,575.00 raised
- 3 The Presperettes $150.00 raised
- 4 Clarkski $50.00 raised
- 5 Team Scott $25.00 raised
3,000 youth in Columbus will experience homelessness in 2020.
They are couch surfing, sleeping in emergency room waiting rooms, hanging out at the library until the doors close at night, and spending nights outside.
Since 1970, Huckleberry House has provided shelter to teens who have no where else to keep safe. Since 1990, we have helped young people transition from homelessness to independent living in market housing. Through a strong combination of emergency shelter, counseling, community connections, and housing options, we are stablilizing lives.
In 2020, in partnership with other youth organizations, we will grow from 45 apartments to 116.
Sleep Out with us April 24 to get a tiny understanding of what our community's youth know too well. Help us raise awareness and the funds needed to support our proven programs.
A look back at Sleep Out! Columbus 2019 - A record breaking night is in the books!
On April 12, 2019 100 people slept outside at COSI to raise awareness and funds to help homeless youth in central Ohio. The next morning, participants shared their experiences and thoughts.
"I could not fall asleep because I was worried about my stuff just being out there."
"I was thankful I could go inside to use a bathroom."
"I can't imagine doing this for more than one night."
"I recognize that I was here by choice. Too many young people are living this way and not by choice.
Sleep Out participants and sponsors raised over $104,000 to benefit the proven programs of Huckleberry House.
Join us on April 24, 2020 for our third annual Sleep Out!
Our Newest Participants
- Ryan Konst $1,100.00 raised
- Lucina Clark $25.00 raised
- Julie Wnukowski $25.00 raised
- Nicole Makeda $25.00 raised
- Tommy Bruder $25.00 raised
- Aubre Jones $50.00 raised
- Erica Schnitz $51.25 raised
- James Scott $25.00 raised
- Ian Timan $0.00 raised
- Leslie Scott $0.00 raised