Sleep Out! Columbus 2020 Leaderboard
- 1 David Presper $1,990.00 raised
- 2 Jessica Barwell $1,887.50 raised
- 3 Megan Koontz $1,340.00 raised
- 4 Greg Barwell $1,127.50 raised
- 5 Ryan Konst $1,100.00 raised
- 1 Youth Angels $3,624.50 raised
- 2 Team Thesing $2,837.50 raised
- 3 The Presperettes $2,115.00 raised
- 4 Team Leclerc $1,400.00 raised
- 5 Megan’s Sleep Out Columbus 2020 Fundraiser $81.75 raised
EVENT UPDATE: Sleep Out Columbus Goes VIRTUAL
To protect the health and safety of all, and still raise awareness for the over 3000 youth in our community who experience homelessness, we’re converting the Sleep Out Columbus 2020 to a Virtual Event! We are asking all participants to choose to sleep out on the floor, backyard, or in some other less than comfortable way and then share your experience by posting via social media. Utilizing #SLEEPOUTCOLUMBUS
Its during times like these that homeless youth are at even greater risk. Continue to support our mission, help us raise awareness and the funds needed to support Huckleberry House's proven programs.
Registration Deadline: April 24
Priority Registration Deadline: April 15, includes a Virtual Sleep Out toolkit mailed to your home with a surprise gift.
3,000 youth in Columbus will experience homelessness in 2020.
They are couch surfing, sleeping in emergency room waiting rooms, hanging out at the library until the doors close at night, and spending nights outside.
Since 1970, Huckleberry House has provided shelter to teens who have no where else to keep safe. Since 1990, we have helped young people transition from homelessness to independent living in market housing. Through a strong combination of emergency shelter, counseling, community connections, and housing options, we are stablilizing lives.
In 2020, in partnership with other youth organizations, we will grow from 45 apartments to 116.
Virtually "Sleep Out" with us April 24 to get a tiny understanding of what our community's youth know too well. Help us raise awareness and the funds needed to support our proven programs.
A look back at Sleep Out! Columbus 2019 - A record breaking night is in the books!
On April 12, 2019 100 people slept outside at COSI to raise awareness and funds to help homeless youth in central Ohio. The next morning, participants shared their experiences and thoughts.
"I could not fall asleep because I was worried about my stuff just being out there."
"I was thankful I could go inside to use a bathroom."
"I can't imagine doing this for more than one night."
"I recognize that I was here by choice. Too many young people are living this way and not by choice.
Sleep Out participants and sponsors raised over $104,000 to benefit the proven programs of Huckleberry House.
Join us on April 24, 2020 for our third annual Sleep Out!
- View More Recent Activity
Our Newest Participants
- Megan Koontz $1,340.00 raised
- Elliott Baker $81.25 raised
- Tina Nichol $25.00 raised
- Courtney Baker $25.00 raised
- Rachel Rubey $230.00 raised
- Carolyn Stratman $25.00 raised
- Michelle Stratman $25.00 raised
- Chaz Hixen $462.50 raised
- Megan Svendsen $25.00 raised
- Amanda Leclerc $25.00 raised