On the evening of Friday, April 26th, 2019, Joshua Conine and Megan Ruscello will compete as jockeys in the 12th annual Derby Dash featuring the Leaders of Polk swan race at the Lakeland Derby on Lake Mirror in downtown Lakeland, Florida.
This event raises awareness and funds for Lakeland Volunteers in Medicine, a volunteer-run medical clinic that provides free primary health care, mental health services, and dental care to the working uninsured of Polk County. In 2018, LVIM provided $8,167,558 in healthcare to the community. For every dollar invested in LVIM, LVIM provides almost $6 in healthcare services, free of charge to those in need.
Some examples of what your donation helps support:
- $50: provides on diabetic patient the supplies to treat the disease for one month
- $575: provides on diabetic patient the supplies they need for a year
- $1,150: provides medications for 300 patients for a week
- $800: provides screenings for 10 women for breast cancer
- $450: provides screenings for 10 men for prostate cancer
Josh and Megan are incredibly excited to race on April 26th and have every intention of bringing home the gold and finishing the race first.
Thank you for your support of the Guardians team and more importantly, Lakeland Volunteers in Medicine!