Team Fundraising Page Title
Addressing Homelessness in Santa Monica
“Homelessness continues to weigh heavy on the minds and in the daily lives of Santa Monicans,” said Mayor Gleam Davis. “We must remain an active and engaged partner in the work across the region to leverage the historic investments of L.A. County and state resources. Through data and the successes to date, Santa Monica will continue to invest in what’s working, both within our borders and through collaboration with neighboring communities.”
Four strategy categories or “pillars” underpin the City’s efforts to serve the needs of the most vulnerable living among us in Santa Monica, while enhancing health and safety for all in our community. These are:
- Prevent housed Santa Monicans from becoming homeless and increase affordable housing opportunities.
- Address the behavioral health needs of vulnerable residents.
- Maintain equitable access to safe, fun, and healthy spaces.
- Strengthen regional capacity to address homelessness.
We are excited to participate in the 2019 HomeWalk event. Homelessness is a regional crisis that cannot be solved within our borders alone. We are proud to partner with United Way and walk side-by-side other key stakeholders to raise awareness of regional solutions to address homelssness in L.A. County.
- View More Recent Activity