Juliet's Climbing Sensations!
Support our Climb!
On October 6th, 2019, we will join PEER Services in their annual event to raise awareness and funding for their free substance abuse prevention and care clinics in Evanston and Glenview.
We climb because:
- We climb because 21 million Americans suffer from substance abuse disorders, yet only 11% receive the treatment they need.
- Every day, more than 130 people in the United States die after overdosing on opioids.
- The Midwestern region saw opioid overdoses increase 70 percent from July 2016 through September 2017.
- Opioid overdoses in large cities increase by 54 percent in 16 states, including Chicago.
If you want to climb or cheer on the climbers - here are the details:
Location: Orrington Plaza @ 1603 Orrington Ave, Evanston, IL 60201
Registration opens at 8 AM.
Participants will begin to climb at 9 AM.
Climbers of all abilities, ages 5 and above, are encouraged to participate! Climb the 20 stories to the top at your own pace. For those in need of a greater challenge, climb more than once. (The record is at 13!)
The first group of participants will begin the climb at 9 AM. This is for climbers looking to time themselves and run competitively. At 9:15 we will begin releasing teams and at 9:30 we will begin releasing individuals. Climbers will be dispersed in groups of 5 and released in waves. Plan to arrive a little earlier than you hope to climb to register and pick up your t-shirt and bib number.
Climbers will be provided with plenty of water-- stations will be available every 5 floors, and snacks will be provided at the end of the climb.
Afterwards, stick around for bagels, coffee and the drawing of our raffle prizes, generously donated by local businesses!
- View More Recent Activity