Our Newest Participants
- View More Recent Activity
Virtual Walk to End Lupus Now - Madison Leaderboard
- 1 Pat Saunders $1,000.00 raised
- 2 Tammy Fish $762.25 raised
- 3 Jordan Sanville $301.00 raised
- 4 Kimberly Hensen $245.75 raised
- 5 Tracy Fish $181.25 raised
- 1 Mick's Minions $1,935.00 raised
- 2 Tammy’s Fishes $1,325.00 raised
- 3 Darlene and Mary's Angels $1,290.75 raised
- 4 Pat's Warriors $1,255.00 raised
- 5 Jordan’s Team $504.75 raised
Virtual Walk to End Lupus Now - Madison
We take the threat of the spread of COVID-19 very seriously, and would never expect anyone, much less anyone with a compromised immune system, to put themselves in a position that could further threaten their health. Our number one priority is the health and safety of our constituents.
At its core, the Walk to End Lupus Now - Madison is a celebration. Every one of the hundreds of people in attendance know, love, and support someone with lupus. It is a visual demonstration of our collective strength, a reminder that no lupus warrior is alone in their fight, a way to honor those who fight, and a way to remember those whose fight has ended.
Walk to End Lupus Now - Madison WILL NOT take place as scheduled on September 26, 2020 at Fireman’s Park in Middleton. We will proceed with the event as a virtual walk.
What does a virtual walk look like?
We may not be able to gather in person on Saturday, September 26 at Fireman’s Park, but we can still unite in spirit to raise awareness and celebrate the lupus warriors in our lives.
Continue your fundraising efforts
- Use this experience as an example to others of what it is like to live with a compromised immune system. Sharing your story increases awareness not only of lupus in general but also of the unique struggles faced by individual lupus warriors.
- Team medals and incentive prizes are still in effect for all walk participants. Continue collecting pledges and building your teams!
- This software makes it easier than ever to sign up, start or join a team, set goals, and track your progress.
- Facebook donations can now be tied to your fundraising page, making it even easier to reach and exceed your fundraising goals.
Encourage people to pre-register
There is no day-of-registration, pre-registering for the walk is more of a pledge of support. This can be a reminder to everyone that participating in the Walk to End Lupus Now - Madison goes far beyond being physically present on walk day.
Make a plan for walk day
In lieu of walk t-shirts, each pre-registered participant will receive a surprise gift via mail. Make a short video of yourself “walking” and showing off your gift. Post it on your social media, and send it to us at email@example.com so that we can make a compilation. Let’s blanket our media feeds with awareness to show that we are united against lupus.
Gather your team virtually: connect via FaceTime, Google Hangouts, or any other meeting/video conference app. The walk is a celebration of love and support for all lupus warriors. Get creative and find a way to be together from a safe social distance.
Use this opportunity to connect with and include supporters who couldn’t otherwise participate on walk day. Engage friends and family who live in other areas of the country and world. Encourage people who would not normally pre-register because they cannot physically attend on walk day to join your team!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (414) 443 6400.
Registration will be open online thru walk day.