- View More Recent Activity
Virtual Walk to End Lupus Now - Milwaukee 2021 Leaderboard
- 1 Kim Geiger $10,000.00 raised
- 2 John Toth $1,772.50 raised
- 3 Cindy Hoeft $990.50 raised
- 4 Dan Gerlach $440.00 raised
- 5 Michelle Jendrzejek $411.00 raised
- 1 Kim Geiger's TEam $10,000.00 raised
- 2 Team Toth $1,802.50 raised
- 3 Jennie's Legacy $1,590.50 raised
- 4 Walk This Way $961.00 raised
- 5 Danno's Wolfpack $886.00 raised
Virtual Walk to End Lupus Now - Milwaukee 2021
BIG NEWS! Thanks to the incredible generosity of an anonymous donor, registrations and donations will be matched!
We’ve all been through so much over the last year; we’re getting closer to a place where we can safely gather in person again, but we’re still not quite there. For the health and safety of all involved, the Walk to End Lupus Now – Milwaukee will be virtual once again.
The LFA, WI Chapter relies on the funds raised for this event to keep our office operational, allowing us to fund research both locally and nationally, to provide support services throughout the state of Wisconsin, to advocate for policies and programs that benefit lupus warriors, to increase lupus awareness among the general public, and to keep lupus in the curriculum at Wisconsin’s premier medical schools.
Use the following guidelines to make a safe and reasonable plan that works best for you, and we encourage you to get creative!
Register for the walk and begin fundraising
Use this experience as an example to others of what it is like to live with a compromised immune system. Sharing your story increases awareness not only of lupus in general but also of the unique struggles faced by individual lupus warriors.
- Team medals and incentive prizes are still in effect for all walk participants. Build your team of supporters collect pledges to earn great prizes.
- Our registration software makes it easier than ever to sign up, start or join a team, set goals, and track your progress. Facebook donations can now be tied to your fundraising page, making it even easier to reach and exceed your fundraising goals.
Encourage people to register
- Not being able to attend the walk itself may discourage people from registering. Since there is no physical event, signing up for the walk is a pledge of support. This can be a reminder to everyone that participating in the Virtual Walk to End Lupus Now - Milwaukee goes far beyond being physically present on walk day.
- If you registered in 2020 your profiles and contact information were stored, so registering is quick and easy!
Make a plan for walk day
- In lieu of walk t-shirts, each pre-registered participant will receive a surprise gift via mail. Make a short video of yourself “walking” and showing off your gift. Post it on your social media, and send it to us at email@example.com so that we can make a compilation. Let’s blanket our media feeds with awareness to show that we are united against lupus.
- Gather your team virtually: connect via Zoom, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, or any other meeting/video conference app. The walk is a celebration of love and support for all lupus warriors. Get creative and find a way to be together from a safe social distance.
- Use this opportunity to connect with and include supporters who couldn’t otherwise participate on walk day. Engage friends and family who live in other areas of the country and world. Encourage people who would not normally pre-register because they cannot physically attend on walk day to join your team!
Finally, as a general note in this unusual time, take precautions, and prioritize your health. If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19 in general, please consult a reliable source like the CDC. If you have questions or concerns regarding upcoming LFA, WI Chapter events and programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and pay attention to our website (lupuswi.org), social media pages (Facebook: facebook.com/lupuswi, Instagram: @lupuswi, Twitter: @LFAWIChapter, and Linkedin: linkedIn.com/lfawichapter) and our e-newsletter (if you do not currently receive it and would like to, please contact email@example.com to be added to the list). Together (from a safe social distance, of course), we will weather this storm.