Can We Count On You to Move for Zero Breast Cancer?
Researchers, doctors and breast cancer survivors know the importance of being physically active in preventing, surviving and recovering from breast cancer! Read more here!
PLEASE JOIN US AS WE CELEBRATE 18 YEARS IN A NEW WAY!
The 18th Annual Dipsea Hike for Zero Breast Cancer is VIRTUAL this year.
While we can’t be together on the beautiful Dipsea trail in Mill Valley, CA, we can still get moving to support Zero Breast Cancer! Participate by hiking, biking, wheeling, walking or moving any way, anywhere for 5.5 miles (Dipsea trail length) September 1-26, 2020.
Register now, then share with friends and family to help raise funds to support breast cancer risk reduction campaigns! Registration includes one Dipsea Hike facemask. Purchase additional facemasks at checkout or by clicking the button at the top of the page. Raffle tickets to win great prizes are also available!
Our first Virtual Dipsea event. Here's how it works!
- You can walk the 5.5 miles, run it, cycle it, swim, wheel, treadmill etc., whatever you prefer, and at your own pace!
- Now a 26 day event! You can complete the 5.5 miles anywhere, anytime between September 1st through September 26th, 2020!
- Invite friends and family to join your team. Be sure to practice physical distancing guidelines.
- Remember those selfies! Post a photo of you doing the Dipsea! Hashtag #zbcdipsea2020
How will your donations and fundraising make an impact?
Funds raised support next-generation breast cancer risk reduction education campaigns!
Sponsors, participants and donors like you enable Zero Breast Cancer to produce multiple generation, age appropriate, innovative and engaging posters, brochures, YouTube vidoes and other digital awareness-raising and educational messages in three languages. All of these breast cancer risk reduction materials are distributed FREE to youth and teens. We reach youth and teens in a variety of settings such as:
- High school health and wellness centers
- High school health fairs
- High school breast cancer club meetings
- Student led projects in 7th and 12th grade
- Girl Scout troops
- County-wide girls' empowerment conferences
- Breast cancer conferences in diverse communities
- Community clinics
- Partner organizations
- Online readers of ZBC blogs, social media campaigns
You can check out examples such as 13 Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Breast Cancer posters and brochures in English and Spanish. Explore the Girls' New Puberty interactive micro-site in English, Girls' New Puberty Videos in English, Spanish and Chinese and infographics in English, Spanish and Chinese.
If you know of other organizations that would be interested in these materials, please share their details with us here. Thank you!
Want to download our usual Dipsea trail map?
Start and Finish in Old Mill Park, Mill Valley, CA:
From Old Mill Park (Cascade Dr) go up the famous Dipsea Steps to the Dipsea Trail.
Cross Panoramic Hwy and follow the Sun Trail to the German Tourist Club, take the Redwood Trail to the Panoramic Trail until you reach the Mt. Home Inn on Edgewood Ave.
Continue down Edgewood Ave to take either the:
- TENDERFOOT TRAIL to the Cypress Trail back down the Dipsea Steps, leading to the finish in Old Mill Park. (approx 6.29 mi - see map)
- PIPELINE TRAIL back down the Dipsea Steps, leading to the finish in Old Mill Park. (approx 5.35 mi - see map)
NOTE: Along the course you will encounter rocky dirt trails and residential areas. Please be aware of your surroundings and pay attention for cars, bicyclists and other hikers. There are no shuttles back to the starting line.