- 1 Nicholas Hemachandra $122.25 raised
- 2 Tenisea Higgins $26.25 raised
- 3 Kit Sullivan $26.25 raised
- 4 roger higgins $25.00 raised
- 1 Team Nicholas $122.25 raised
- 2 Higgins Heros $51.25 raised
- 3 Team Kit $26.25 raised
- 4 Camp Lakey Gap All Stars $26.25 raised
- 5 FIRST Parents $0.00 raised
What is Zipping for Autism?
Zipping for Autism was created by a parent, teacher, and local business owner who is passionate about services for people with ASD and their families. This event is a grass-roots effort by families, local businesses, and other supporters who realize it is up to the community to step up and make a difference in the lives of our neighbors.
ZFA was born in Western North Carolina and all of the funds remain in our region. We have designed this event to be fun, motivating, and rewarding (with an emphasis on FUN!) This year, we are supporting Lakey Gap Autism Programs and FIRST.
There are 3 ways to participate:
1. Start or Join a team. After you register, the website will walk you through the process of setting up and sharing your donation page.
As a team, your goal is simple: raise enough money to win your team the prize of a free Zipline or Adventure Park Tour at the Adventure Center of Asheville!
2. If you want to donate to a participant or an established team, click Donate and search for the individual or team that you want to get points for your donation and, thus, closer to the prize of a free Zipline or Adventure Park tour!
3. Become and Event Sponsor. If you are interested in learning about the benefits of sponsorship, please click the button called "Sponsors" at the top of this page.
- View More Recent Activity
Where Does the Money Go?
Lakey Gap Autism Programs
Starting with an ambitious project of providing overnight summer camp to people on the autism spectrum (Camp Lakey Gap), Lakey Gap Autism Programs has grown to include year-round offerings to support the community here in WNC. During the year, LGAP offers opportunities for social recreation, support for parents through parent meetings and presentations, and vocational training opportunities for adults on the spectrum.
What is FIRST?
FIRST connects persons with disabilities and their families with the resources they need to thrive in the community. Whether it is coordinating with government agencies, schools, or community partners, we have the knowledge and relationships to advocate effectively on your behalf. Simply put, we should be the first place for persons with disabilities and their families to check in when they need support.
Adventure Center of Asheville
The Adventure Center of Asheville is a member of the Wildwater Adventure Centers family. Both adventure attractions come with over 40 years of experience and have several family members living in Asheville and assisting with operations. Wildwater, a family business, started in 1971, and it serves over 90,000 guests annually on five unique zipline tours and four of the most popular whitewater rivers around Asheville and across the southeast. To learn more about The Adventure Center of Asheville and Wildwater Adventure Centers, visit click here or contact Jeff Greiner.