What is Zipping for Autism?
Zipping for Autism is an annual autism fundraiser benefitting families and programs in Western North Carolina. Individuals and teams from businesses, organizations, or just friends raise money to support the cause and - when they reach the threshold of $800 as a team - the team gets to go Ziplining at the Adventure Center of Ashevlille!
All donations raised by participants—100 percent!—support people with autism and their families in Western North Carolina. Thanks to people like you, we have raised $250,000 to support our region!
Through partnerships with Camp Lakey Gap Autism Programs and Liberty Corner Enterprises, ZFA will increase access to programming and supports for the autistic population in WNC.
Like everything else in the world these days, Zipping For Autism will look a little different in 2020.
This year, we have FLEXIBLE ZIPPING DATES!
Teams will have until January 31, 2021 to raise money. Once the team reaches a fundraising threshhold of $800, you can pick a date to enjoy your Ziplining or Adventure Park Tour at the Adventure Center of Asheville (ACA). You can select a date between 9/1/20 and 3/28/21 (times and dates are dependent on the ACA schedule)
There are two benefits to this approach that differ from our traditional "everyone zips on the same day" approach:
1. This allows Corporate Teams more flexibility to participate by raising money and planning their team-building date.
2. It allows for the event to adhere more closely to "social distancing" guidelines that regulate events.
Like Us on Facebook
How Do I Participate?
Glad you asked!
The basics are simple: Get a team of up to 8 people together, raise some money, and enjoy a Ziplining Canopy Tour and/or a Climb through the Treetops Adventure Park at the Adventure Center of Asheville!
There are 3 primary ways to participate:
1. To Get Started, Register Your Team! Once your team is registered, you can start adding members and raising money right away!
2. Donate to a participant or a team, click Donate and search for the team that you want to get credit for your donation and, thus, closer to the prize of a free Zipline or Adventure Park tour!
3. Become an Event Sponsor. Learn about the benefits of Sponsorship (Besides a tremendous feeling of satisfaction!). Check out our sponsor page to see our community partners!
The Adventure Center of Asheville is a member of the Wildwater Adventure Centers family. Both adventure attractions come with over 40 years of experience and have several family members living in Asheville and assisting with operations. Wildwater, a family business, started in 1971, and it serves over 90,000 guests annually on five unique zipline tours and four of the most popular whitewater rivers around Asheville and across the southeast. To learn more about The Adventure Center of Asheville and Wildwater Adventure Centers, visit click here or contact Jeff Greiner.