...but over the past year, UCRAF and UCRC have made impressive progress towards those dreams!
- Paid off the Kellog Ave Rowing Site which is now owned in full by UCRAF!
- Created a site-improvement team who successfully designed and funded the first round of new structures for the marina!
- Launched a new database to help manage alumni records, send regular newsletters, and improve the traceability and transparency of UCRAF's accounting.
- Installed a multi-camera security system at the rowing site to increase athlete safety and protect team equipment.
- Negotiated long-term contracts with our two resident teams (UCRC and Queen City Rowing Club).
- Published the first UCRAF Newsletter!
- Supported UCRC's annual "Captain's Cup" fun-row on November 12th by hosting 28 athletes and alumni for a wonderful breakfast to close out the Fall rowing season.
- Worked with Greater Cincinnati Waterworks to improve storm water drainage from Kellog Ave onto the rowing site.
- Managed the upkeep and winterizing of the UCRC coaching launches entirely through alumni volunteers!
- Lastly but certainly not least, maintained our 6-acre rowing site through 100% volunteer labor totaling 1500 volunteer hours this year!
Goals for 2023
- Gather 100+ alumni and athletes to celebrate UCRC's 40th Anniversary!
- Continue providing financial support to Coach Brian Pack and the UC Rowing Team.
- Complete the following site improvements: changing rooms for athletes, new boat racks
- Develop a long-term site improvement plan with more permanent structures, potentially including a floating boathouse!
- Start a UCRAF Regional Roadshow to gather UCRC alumni in their communities.
- Continue publishing regular newsletters
- Improve social media outreach
- Begin yearly dredging of the boat ramp
All of these accomplishments and goals drive us closer to our ultimate goals of
creating a strong rowing community,
building a boathouse,
helping UCRC get to 100+ athletes,
and consistently racing in the grand finals at Dad Vail and ACRA.
Your donation gets us one step closer to these big, ambitious goals!