WHAT IS THE 100 WAVE CHALLENGE?
The 100 Wave Challenge is an annual surf-a-thon event that welcomes hundreds of surfers committed to empowering the teenage boys of the San Diego community. Each surfer attempts to catch 100 waves in one day and raise $1,000 or more to support Boys to Men Mentoring, a San Diego based nonprofit organization providing consistent group mentoring to hundreds of fatherless, disconnected, and at-risk teenage boys. The 100 Wave Challenge is Boys to Men’s largest annual fundraising event. Funds raised will help B2M expand their in-school programs from 30 to 40 schools and reach over 1,000 boys in the 2024 school year.
WAVE BREAKING NEWS: This year's event is back to our BIG single day event and will take place on at Mission Beach on Saturday, September 16th, 2023.
Whether you catch 100 waves or 20 waves, you will leave the water knowing you made a difference.
Learn more about Boys to Men Mentoring at www.boystomen.org.
NOT A SURFER?
Not a problem. You’d make a perfect Surf Angel! Simply register, create your personalized fundraising page, let your friends and family know that you support Boys to Men, and raise money as a Surf Angel. Click the link below to join us in this cause!
NEED A LITTLE MOTIVATION?
We love giving back to our surf community. We have some epic prizes to keep you stoked and motivated this year, including:
- $200 gift certificate from Pannikin Coffee
- Wetsuit from Bird’s Surf Shed (valued at $600)
- Surfboard from Bird’s Surf Shed
- Wetsuit and Surfboard from Bird’s Surf Shed
- Team Trip to Las Gaviotas for a weekend of surfing with the whole team!
- 1 Brian Mulvaney $35,717.50 raised
- 2 Joe Sigurdson $13,414.25 raised
- 3 Attila Tota $12,965.50 raised
- 4 Brett Morey $8,195.15 raised
- 5 Shaun Tomson $8,091.50 raised
- 6 Bob Conca $7,521.25 raised
- 7 Bruce Crenshaw $7,266.50 raised
- 1 OG Surfers $64,809.85 raised
- 2 Degree 33 Surfboards $44,846.19 raised
- 3 Soledad Surf Rats $37,403.00 raised
- 4 Team SAND - Surfing And Network Developing $21,023.75 raised
- 5 B2M Boys Team $19,501.00 raised
- 6 Shake and Bake $7,901.25 raised
- 7 French Riders $2,881.25 raised