Thank you for visiting our event page. We are so excited for our 14th Annual Down Syndrome Awareness Walk at Riverside Park in Neenah on Saturday, October 7th!
With the support of our generous friends like you, we were able to provide over 850 hours of direct services, had 40 participants attend in person group programs, hosted a 321 Fun Summer Camp, and so much MORE in 2022! WOW - thank you! We rely on the incredible support of our community to make these services happen. The majority of our programs and events are fully funded by this annual Awareness Walk, and we need YOU to help make them happen. Join us!
10:30 am - 12:30 pm Event check-in and on-site registration
10:30 am - 2:00 pm Bag lunches available (hot dogs, chips, cookie, and water)
Fun activities for all ages!! (free for all registered walkers)
Raffles, DJ, Giant Slide, Rock Climbing Wall, Trampoline Bungee Jumping, Grandkids Express Train & More!
2:00 pm - 1 mile non-competetive walk along Lake Winnebago
2:30 pm - Raffle winners announced and posted, must be present for bucket raffle, need not be present for larger ticket item drawings
Per CDC guidance, face masks are optional at outdoor events. Guests are welcome to wear face masks within their own comfort level.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, headache, cough, nausea, etc.), have come into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, or are awaiting your own COVID-19 test results, please keep everyone safe by staying home.
- Food truck
- Balloon Artist
- Rock Wall
- Bungee Jumper
- Bounce Slide
- Grandkids Express Train
Pre-register online until 10pm CST on Friday, September 15th!
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged!
Registration includes awareness walk, activities, t-shirt. Bag lunches will be provided for an additional fee. T-shirt size guaranteed ONLY if you pre-register.
|Walker + t-shirt (no lunch)||$10|
|Walker + t-shirt + lunch||$12|
|Walker + XXL or XXXL t-shirt (no lunch)||$12|
|Walker + XXL or XXXL t-shirt + Lunch||
|*Virtual Walk Participant (includes t-shirt shipped to your house)||$15|
*Virtual Walker Registration
If you are unable to attend this event in person or would feel more comfortable celebrating from afar, register as a virtual walker! Registration includes a t-shirt shipped directly to the address you provide (USA only). Virtual Walkers must register by August 31 at 11:59pm.
By registering for this event, you agree to DSAW's Terms & Conditions.
Early T-shirt Pick-Up Info: T-shirts will be available for early pickup on Sunday, September 17th (4:30-6:30pm) for those who wish to pick-up their shirts before the day of the walk. Early t-shirt pickup will be at the DSAW office, 526 W. Wisconsin Ave, 2nd Floor, Appleton. Individuals must register by August 28th in order to have their shirts available for early pickup.
Day Of: T-shirts will also be available to be picked up at the walk on October 7th. T-shirt tables will be located in the registration tent. We cannot guarantee your size will be available the day of the walk, please register early to ensure you receive your size.
Offering an early registration incentive this year, please see below for details!
Your friends and family are able to make a donation via text! Text FCWALK23 to 50155 to make a donation.
- If you would like to set up text giving that goes directly to your participant or team fundraising page, head to your participant profile, click on the "Text Giving" tab, and create your own keyword. Donors will then need to text FCWALK23, enter a space, and enter your unique keyword to have the donation go right to your own thermometer!
- The cut-off for donations that qualify for the Top Fundraising Prizes is 10 PM on Friday, October 6th!
- All cash and check donations must arrive at the DSAW office by noon on Friday, October 6th at noon to qualify.
**NEW THIS YEAR! Early Registration Incentive!**
We are excited to offer a fun new incentive for registering early! Any team registered by August 15th will have their team entered in a drawing for the team name to be added to the back of their t-shirts. Drawing will be held on August 16th. Everyone signed up on the winning team by August 15th will have the team name added to the back of their shirt.
$1,000 Team Signs
Any team that raises at least $1,000 should contact email@example.com to receive a personalized yard sign with your team name and an image of your individual with Down syndrome. The deadline to send in your image and reach your goal is September 15th.
Meet Our 2023 Walk Ambassador: Hendrik Steenepoorte
Hendrik, 18 years old, is his own best advocate as an individual with Down syndrome. He is an active participant in SOAR Fox Cities Special Olympics bowling, basketball, swimming, track & field, & softball. Hendrik also participates in flag football, karate, & tennis. As a Cadet Airman in the Fox Cities Composite Squadron of Civil Air Patrol, Hendrik learns leadership development, aerospace education, & emergency response training. He volunteers for his church & community. As a piano student of B7 Music Studio, Hendrik performs in student recitals.
The third of four children, Hendrik graduated June 2023 from homeschool high school & will attend Shepherds College in Fall 2023. Located in Union Grove, WI, Shepherds College, an IRIS provider, is a Christian, fully accredited, post-secondary school designed specifically for students with intellectual developmental disabilities. Hendrik plans to pursue vocational training in the culinary field.
As the sole extrovert in a family of six, Hendrik exudes confidence & enthusiasm. These God-given character traits pave the way for Hendrik in all situations. With great exuberance, Hendrik anticipates the next stage of his education. After many years of attendance at the annual Walk, Hendrik is thrilled to serve DSAW-Fox Cities as the 2023 Walk Ambassador.
- 1 Chloe's Crew $17,754.40 raised
- 2 Cruisin' with Cameron $9,530.20 raised
- 3 Aaron’s Avengers $6,362.75 raised
- 4 Team Julia $6,270.25 raised
- 5 Leg Up For Liam $4,919.05 raised
- 6 Tyler's Tygers $4,196.15 raised
- 7 Team Super Wyatt $2,772.45 raised
- 8 Ollie's Entourage $2,502.80 raised
- 9 StrongWill $2,290.35 raised
- 10 Jack Attack $2,230.90 raised
- 11 Siebers Stampeders $2,083.15 raised
- 12 Addie's Angels $1,188.50 raised
- 13 Delaney’s Dreams $1,187.00 raised
- 14 Noahs Crew $1,134.00 raised
- 15 Peaches and Team $1,052.05 raised
- 16 Dan K and The Partay $1,050.50 raised
- 17 Brady Bunch $1,025.20 raised
- 18 Stacy's Striders $980.00 raised
- 19 Keep Walking With Kaden $951.40 raised
- 20 Cruisin with Carter $875.10 raised
- 1 Tina Duehring $6,900.15 raised
- 2 Debbie Merkel $5,882.55 raised
- 3 Danielle Marks $4,347.50 raised
- 4 Erin Countney $2,013.55 raised
- 5 Courtney Velpel $2,012.00 raised
- 6 Andrea Jones $1,820.65 raised
- 7 Deirdre Watts $685.05 raised
- 8 Alexandria Feavel $662.00 raised
- 9 Bonnie Singer $644.40 raised
- 10 Natalie Jungen $637.00 raised
- 11 Lyssa Schmidt $537.60 raised
- 12 Adam Sprangers $404.00 raised
- 13 Krystal Prinsen $392.00 raised
- 14 Melanie Robinson $385.35 raised
- 15 Jill Siebers $350.65 raised
- 16 Jayden Munn $342.15 raised
- 17 Jennie Peterson $278.80 raised
- 18 Ana Hauser $260.00 raised
- 19 Stephanie VerVoort $221.00 raised
- 20 Laura Sheptoski $212.00 raised
About DSAW-Fox Cities
The vision of the Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin - Fox Cities (DSAW-FC) is that we all understand the value of those with Down syndrome in our lives and our communities. We continually strive for full acceptance, full access, full life and full potential. Check out our website.
We are a chapter of: The Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin
The Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin's mission is to provide support to Wisconsin families and individuals with Down syndrome and related disabilities through awareness, education, information, programs, services, and the exchange of ideas and experiences. We promote the value of those with Down syndrome in our lives and our communities. We continually strive toward full acceptance, full access, full potential and a full life to make Wisconsin the best supported state for people with Down syndrome and their loved ones. Visit our website to learn more.