The 2021 Walk for the Future "In My Shoes" supporting Metro Detroit Youth Clubs will be held on Saturday, May 1. This year’s walk occurs during unprecedented times and will take place virtually, physically distant but connected through mission. The arrival of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has brought with it rapid change and disruption, and our youth need the Club more than ever before. MDYC immediately launched an outreach effort to identify the basic needs and concerns of Club members and their families, and the Club has introduced programming to engage MDYC Club members so they can learn, grow, lead and succeed in this environment. Walk with us and help change lives!
We look forward to walking together and in person next year, but for now, mask up, stay safe, and enjoy some beautiful May Michigan fresh air as we support our incredible Club members as they look to learn, grow, lead, and succeed!
About Metro Detroit Youth Clubs
Metro Detroit Youth Clubs serve over 2,000 Club members in locations throughout Metro Detroit. The mission of the Club is to empower youth to reach their full potential through safe, accessible, and inclusive experiences that open doors to a bright future, enabling every Club member to graduate from high school with a plan for college or career, contribute to their community and live a healthy life.
Building on 60 years of serving Metro Detroit youth, we are guided by our mission-focused, evidence-based programs focusing on: literacy, mental health services, mentoring, workforce development, and play opportunities in health and fitness.
The Club provides programs and services for an Annual Membership Fee of $50. Our actual cost is nearly $500 per Club member. Your investment enables the youth to have a safe place to turn to as they begin to navigate their future. You can learn more about the Club by visiting us at www.miclubs.org
A special thank you to our sponsors for their continued support!
- 1 Steve Rusin $8,750.00 raised
- 2 Bernie Ronnisch $3,000.00 raised
- 3 Jay Dunstan $1,751.00 raised
- 4 Brett Tillander $1,500.00 raised
- 5 Air Systems, Inc. $1,000.00 raised
- 1 Ronnisch Construction Group $21,300.00 raised
- 2 Level One Bank $8,750.00 raised
- 3 Team Whitlock $4,600.00 raised
- 4 Air Systems, Inc. $2,000.00 raised
- 5 B-Line To The Future $1,550.00 raised
Our Newest Participants
- ML Michael Lope $0.00 raised
- RF Rachel Frank $50.00 raised
- AS Air Systems, Inc. $1,000.00 raised
- BT Bart Tinsley $1,000.00 raised
- SY Sam Yamin $1,000.00 raised
- WT Will Tillander $0.00 raised
- ST Sloane Tillander $0.00 raised
- LT Liz Tillander $0.00 raised
- BT Brett Tillander $1,500.00 raised
- Reid Beyerlein $600.00 raised
- NS Nicolena Stubbs $0.00 raised
- LS Levi Stubbs III $100.00 raised
- DB Daren Bossenberger $300.00 raised
- Steve Rusin $8,750.00 raised
- TR Tim Ryan $650.00 raised