October 21, 2023 5:30pm - 9:00pm
My Personal Fundraising Page
CFS&H Helped My Daughter!
Communication IS key!
We met our daughter when she was 4 years old, and we could barely understand anything she said. She had such a hard time learning the alphabet, because half of the letters sounded exactly the same, and because of it, she struggled in her preschool class.
Once we welcomed her and her brother into our family, it only took a few weeks to figure out that she had hearing loss. She was diagnosed and fitted with hearing aids. What a difference it makes when you can hear!
When we moved to Lakeland over a year later, we were connected with CFS&H. We had a wonderful experience with audiologists and speech therapists. The center was helpful and caring, and made such a difference for our daughter’s ability to communicate.
I soon became involved with the center through volunteer committee and then served on the board for a few years. My understanding of the CFS&H mission grew immensely and I realized how important the Center is for our community. The employees of the Center consistently impressed me with their passion and commitment.
I am excited to help raise much needed funds for the Center, and I hope you can help be part of that. Any amount is appreciated!
About Central Florida Speech & Hearing Center
The Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that depends on the generosity of the community to support patients that require subsidized funding. It is through these individuals and organizations that we are able to turn no one away for services.
- The majority of the children treated at the Center are underinsured and have nowhere else to turn for services.
- 230 kids come to the Center each week for speech therapy; 90% of them require subsidized funding.
- The Center's diagnosis of children with hearing loss has increased by 300%.
- Last year, the Center doubled the number of patients seen for hearing sevices.
- Over 96,000 citizens in Polk County have a documented hearing loss.
- Hearing loss is associated with high blood pressure, dementia, diabetes and falling.
Mr. Central Florida is the Center's annual fundraiser, providing the funds needed to serve thousands of patients each year!