October 21, 2023 5:30pm - 9:00pm
My Personal Fundraising Page
I am honored to participate as a contestant in Mr. Central Florida 2023 by representing Saddle Creek Logistics Services and the legacy of generosity demonstrated by the company and founder, Mr. David Lyons.
I was recently invited to the Central Florida Speech & Hearing Center to learn more about the services they have provided our community for over 60 years. For those who are unfamiliar, they are a not for profit, charitable organization. All donations made to sponsor me in this event will be used toward their mission “to provide the highest quality speech, language and hearing services, always in a caring manner” and are tax-deductible.
I and my family understand the value of this charitable organization as my nephew benefited from many years of speech therapy. Without your generous donations, many children and adults cannot live a life as we do.
I thank you in advance for your support of this organization and the many who will benefit from their hard work and commitment.
About Central Florida Speech & Hearing Center
The Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that depends on the generosity of the community to support patients that require subsidized funding. It is through these individuals and organizations that we are able to turn no one away for services.
- The majority of the children treated at the Center are underinsured and have nowhere else to turn for services.
- 230 kids come to the Center each week for speech therapy; 90% of them require subsidized funding.
- The Center's diagnosis of children with hearing loss has increased by 300%.
- Last year, the Center doubled the number of patients seen for hearing sevices.
- Over 96,000 citizens in Polk County have a documented hearing loss.
- Hearing loss is associated with high blood pressure, dementia, diabetes and falling.
Mr. Central Florida is the Center's annual fundraiser, providing the funds needed to serve thousands of patients each year!