Funds raised will help support conservation projects and other initiatives that are of environmental benefit to the watersheds in the Toronto region.
Your fundraising efforts will be rewarded with great prizes, plus, the Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation will issue a tax receipt for all donations $10 and over.
Public Fundraising Grand Prizes!
The top three fundraisers that raise the highest amount ahead of Manulife Paddle the Don will be awarded with some excellent prizes! Good luck fundraising, and thank you for your support!
Check back soon for the announcement on fundraising prizes for 2019!
How Can I Fundraise for Manulife Paddle the Don?
Fundraising can be done through our secure online fundraising system, or you can print and use a pledge form. Below you will find information and steps on how to use both systems.
Fundraising Using the Secure Online System:
- Once you’ve registered your canoe or kayak, you will be asked to set up your fundraising page. Then use the online platform to send emails to your friends and family or use social media to support your fundraising efforts.
- You may upload or add your contacts to the system and send out an email informing your friends and family about Manulife Paddle the Don and how they can support you.
Fundraising Using the Pledge Form:
You may collect funds using a printable pledge form that can be accessed by clicking here.
If you use the printed version, please bring completed form(s) along with all of the money you’ve collected to the event.
Easy Fundraising Tips!
- Start with YOU – go ahead, pledge yourself!
- Ask friends, family and neighbours to support you. Use the message we’ve provided and personalize it to suit your needs.
- Ask your company to match your pledges.
- Ask early; don’t wait for the last minute to begin your campaign. Be prepared for some ‘no’s’ and don’t get discouraged. Remember to thank everyone who supports you right away!
- Make it as easy as possible for someone to give you money. Use the secure online fundraising system.
Corporate Fundraising and Awards
Your team’s fundraising efforts will be rewarded with great prizes, plus, The Living City Foundation will issue a tax receipt for all donations $10 and over so those who sponsor you also win!
Fundraising can be done through our secure online fundraising system using your team’s dedicated corporate page, or you can print and use the pledge form provided. The winning corporate team will be announced at the Manulife Take-out Party so remember to bring all completed pledge form(s) along with all of the money you’ve collected to the event.
Steps for Online Fundraising:
Once you’ve registered your corporate team, invite your team to join the team and your fundraising efforts through your team page.
Encourage your team members, friends, family and coworkers using social media to login and and support your fundraising efforts. You may upload or add your contacts to the system and send out an email informing your friends and family about Manulife Paddle the Don and how they can support you. We’ve also provided some simple fundraising tips to help your team get started.
Team Fundraising Tips:
- Make the first donation. Donors are more motivated if they know you contributed to the cause.
- Conduct an email or letter writing campaign. Engage other corporations, clients, suppliers, employees, family and friends to support your team. Use the message we’ve provided and personalize it to suit your needs.
- Ask your company to match employee contributions.
- Organize a dress down day at work for a donation in support of the Don River.
- Collect extra change near the register in the cafeteria or at the reception desk.
- Ask early; don’t wait for the last minute to begin your campaign. Be prepared for some “No’s” and don’t get discouraged. Remember to thank everyone who supports you right away!
- Make it as easy as possible for a company or individual to support you. Use the secure online fundraising system.
Other Ways to Get Involved
There are other ways to participate even if you aren’t paddling.
Take a walk or bike the trails that parallel the canoe route.
Clean Up the Don is BACK!! Help us cleanup the Don at 5 locations alongside this year's Manuife Paddle the Don event. This special cleanup is hosted by the Rochman Lab at the University of Toronto in collaboration with the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup, TRCA and Manulife Paddle the Don. We strive to educate the public about waste literacy and will be giving a talk about waste before the cleanup begins. We'll also be tracking the waste we collect to better inform us about the types of litter we find locally.
Each cleanup will begin at 10 am and volunteers will receive a free goodie bag (as supplies last).
Advance registration at www.shorelinecleanup.ca (look for the locations marked "U of T Trash Team") or click one of the events below.
Make a plan to stop at any one of the viewing points listed to watch the paddlers on their journey.
• Overlea Blvd (bridge is located east of Millwood Road)
• Leaside Bridge (Millwood Road South)
• Pottery Road (Between Bayview Ave and Broadview Ave.)
• Bloor Viaduct (Bloor St just west of Danforth Ave.)
• Queen Street (Between Bayview Ave and Broadview Ave.)
• Riverdale Park (West of Broadview Ave. between Danforth Ave. & Gerrard St. E.)
Join the paddlers at the Manulife Landing Party which is held in the park at Corktown Common located at 155 Bayview Ave. Festivities, including music and a BBQ will begin around 10:00 a.m. and will continue until the last paddler arrives at about 3:30 p.m.
As additional opportunities become available they will be posted here.