Stepping Out with the American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind (ACB)
is a national organization of blind, visually impaired and sighted individuals whose mission is to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and improved quality of life, for all blind and visually-impaired people. Funds raised from our walk help ACB to continue providing vital services to help blind and visually impaired Americans participate fully in all aspects of society.
ACB would like to raise $62,000 from the Walk this year and we would like your help. You can help ACB reach our goal in several ways: by registering as a virtual or in person walker, making a donation, or by becoming a sponsor. If you are a registered walker, individuals can make donations through your individual walk page.
You can form a Team and seek donations from friends and family. Teams will have the chance to win prizes for raising the highest amount of funds and/or for having the largest number of Virtual Walkers at the event. For your online registrations or donations to count for prizes, they need to be made by June 30, 2023.
You may also make a general donation to the walk in any amount.
The Walk will be on Saturday, July 1, 2023 before the start of the Opening Session.
Thank you to our Walk Sponsors
Macular Degeneration Foundation
Top Fundraising Teams
- 1 ACBDA Sugar Warriors $8,590.69 raised
- 2 Patriots $7,676.88 raised
- 3 Florida Hurricanes $6,494.89 raised
- 4 West Virginia Walkers $5,130.05 raised
- 5 TN Brenda Dillon Mall Walkers $3,820.00 raised
- 6 The General $2,187.25 raised
- 7 NextGen Allstars $1,788.98 raised
- 8 Kentucky E-Racers $1,707.25 raised
- 9 Thundering Herd $1,703.00 raised
- 10 Walking with Aloha $1,064.00 raised
- 11 ACB Nebraska Corncobs $1,021.60 raised
- 12 Oklahoma Tornadoes $1,003.31 raised
- 13 The Illinois Proud Prairie People $996.50 raised
- 14 Minnesota Mosquitoes $867.00 raised
- 15 Michigan Apple Blossoms $843.00 raised
- 16 AABT: A Touch Of Class $761.25 raised
- 17 Texas Trailblazers $699.50 raised
- 18 Virginia Hams $604.75 raised
- 19 Keystone Cane Ables $589.25 raised
- 20 INDY 500 Walkers $550.00 raised
Top Individuals Fundraiser
- 1 Thomas Tobin $6,158.00 raised
- 2 Kim Charlson $5,142.13 raised
- 3 Leslie Spoone $3,560.89 raised
- 4 donna brown $3,082.70 raised
- 5 Mikey Wiseman $1,676.00 raised
- 6 Roger Bridges $1,657.25 raised
- 7 Conrad Bennett $1,624.70 raised
- 8 Allan Peterson $1,600.00 raised
- 9 Kentucky Council of the Blind $849.75 raised
- 10 Dan Dillon $847.25 raised