Help Abolish Medical Debt in Alaska
A Message From the Campaigners:
"Many times in our lives, we are faced with decisions and opportunities to get involved in other peoples lives or to do something good, and we don't take them; To be able to bless someone that may not even have the ability to return your kindness. Well, this is one of those times. If you choose to, you can really make a difference in someone’s life. Full Restoration & Hope Ministries and The White Family Legacy Group have chosen to partner with RIP Medical Debt to help raise funds to eradicate the $800,000.00 of qualifying medical debt for the entire state of Alaska!
We are looking to meet and exceed our goal of raising $8,000.00 dollars. That will totally wipe the slate for those individuals and families that fall within those categories listed below, and it will be such a beautiful gift for them - especially going into the holiday season. We are asking you to stand with us and contribute to this cause. Thank you and bless you in advance for all of you who do step up to help us raise these funds, and even to those who have the heart to but just can’t. God Bless you as well."
You have the power to fight medical debt in your community.
RIP Medical Debt's Solution: RIP Medical Debt uses donations to purchase bundled medical debt portfolios that have gone through collection agencies for months or years. Using third-party credit data providers, it targets debt incurred by people facing financial hardship, and then forgives it. On average, $1 is leveraged to abolish $100 in medical debt.
Please see the full RIP FAQ below and visit www.ripmedicaldebt.org for more information.
Who is RIP Medical Debt? RIP Medical Debt (RIP) is a national 501c3 nonprofit organization with a mission to empower donors to forgive the billions of dollars in oppressive medical debt at pennies on the dollar. RIP locates, buys, and abolishes destructive medical debt for individuals, veterans, and families. Since inception in 2014, RIP has relieved more than $450 million in medical debt for individuals across the U.S., impacting over 250,000 individuals.
How Does RIP Medical Debt Work? RIP, working with third-party credit data providers, searches through large debt portfolios to locate accounts meeting their criteria for relief. RIP then negotiates to buy millions of dollars of this debt at a steep discount, usually a penny or less on the dollar.
Facts about Medical Debt
- More than $100 billion in unpaid medical debt every year has an adverse impact on debtor patients, physicians, and hospitals.
- 6 in 10 of both insured and uninsured people say they have difficulty in paying other bills as a result of medical debt. Over a third were unable to pay for food, heat, or housing because of medical bills.
- Nearly two-thirds of U.S. adults under age 65, or 116 million people, had medical bill problems or debt, went without needed care because of cost, were uninsured for a time, or were underinsured—insured but had high out-of-pocket medical expenses or deductibles relative to income.
- Medical debt contributes to more than 60% of the bankruptcies in the US. Until satisfied, debt
lingers on a person’s credit report to negatively impact their ability to buy a home, get a loan or evengain employment.
Whose unpayable medical bills does RIP forgive?
- Individuals who make less than 2 times the federal poverty level
- Individuals with financial hardship - a debt that that is 5% or more of their annual income
- Individuals who are insolvent (debts greater to their assets)
Why Donate to RIP Medical Debt?
- Your dollar goes a long way! On average, $1 abolishes $100 of debt.
- 100 percent of your donation goes towards abolishing medical debt in Alaska.
- RIP Medical Debt is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, and our EIN number is 47-1442997. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
- We have specific programs for veterans and active service members of the US military.
- There are no tax consequences for those whose medical debts are forgiven. The forgiveness is a gift from a detached and disinterested third party (RIP) is an act of generosity, so forgiveness of the debt does not count as being income to the gift recipient.
RIP Medical Debt's Federal Tax ID: 47-1442997
- View More Recent Activity