The Down Syndrome Community of Puget Sound (DSC) is proud to present the 24th Annual Puget Sound Buddy Walk® - a day of celebration to promote the acceptance, inclusion, and respect of individuals with Down syndrome.
Join DSC on Sunday, October 4th for a virtual celebration to bring the community together for a fun day of Buddy Walk® celebration. Walk in your neighborhood, at a local park, on your favorite trail, in your driveway, or anywhere else you have in mind!
Our Puget Sound Buddy Walk® may be different but our mission is not! We invite you to form your team, and invite your family and friends to virtually come together for one unified purpose- to create a world where people with Down syndrome will feel accepted, supported, and celebrated for the extraordinary individuals they are.
Your support enables the DSC to provide local programs and services along with advocacy and public awareness benefiting all individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
Chaired by: Adjua Dupree and Neda Perrina
Buddy Walk® History
The Buddy Walk® was developed by the National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) in 1995 to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote the acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. Over 300,000 people walk from coast to coast and around the world each year.
Text to Give
Text DSC to 50155 to make a donation.
Important Registration Tips - PLEASE READ
- You can register multiple people in one session. Please carefully follow the instructions for ordering t-shirts.
- Event t-shirts are optional. T-Shirt orders will close 9/18/20. T-shirts are $15 and free for Walkers with Down syndrome. DSC Face Masks are available for $10 each.
- To order a free t-shirts for Walkers with Down syndrome, email Katelyn Peters at email@example.com.
- When registering, please use the address you would like T-Shirts & Face Masks shipped to.
Learn more about the DSC on our websiteDown Syndrome Community of Puget Sound
Keep up-to-date with us on Facebook!
Honk and Wave Event
Join us on October 4th from 1-2pm!
- From 1:00-2:00pm DSC and Team Virginia Mason will take over the corners at the intersection of Front Street and Gilman Blvd in Issaquah
- Team Virginia Mason will be in their Toy Story costumes!
- We will have signs to encourage people to honk and wave and to support people with Ds! We'll be expressing our appreciation for the wonderful diversity our favorite people bring to the world!
- We will be STRONGLY encouraging people to not stop. No pictures, no hugs (sigh). Just drive by, honk, wave, and show your support.
- DSC will have a table set up at Issaquah Virginia Mason to pick up Buddy Walk Swag Bags for teams that raised $500 or more.
Top Fundraiser Perks
The top three fundraising teams as of midnight on October 3rd will:
- be recognized by DSC with a plaque
- Recieve a Buddy Walk Swag Bag
- Be recognized by DSC on all social media platforms
Every team raising more than $500 will receive a Buddy Walk Swag Bag and will have their team name printed on the back of the Buddy Walk T-Shirts.
2020 Virtual Puget Sound Buddy Walk® Leaderboard
- 1 Robert Benoit $6,000.00 raised
- 2 Peter Mervin $3,833.05 raised
- 3 Neda Perrina $3,231.50 raised
- 4 Kristie Richardson $2,934.00 raised
- 5 Sean King $2,680.50 raised
- 1 Joey's Fam! $7,863.97 raised
- 2 Gwen's Walking Warriors $6,789.60 raised
- 3 Peter Mervin $5,281.30 raised
- 4 Kate's Crew $5,149.25 raised
- 5 Noah’s Super “Suite” Team $4,960.80 raised