Leader of the Pack Sponsor
Top Dog Sponsor
Cats Meow Sponsor
CVHS Walk for Animals 2021 Leaderboard
- 1 Kevin Sutton $1,998.50 raised
- 2 Phyllis Arsenault-Berry $677.25 raised
- 3 Laurie Gossens $578.75 raised
- 4 Laurie Garrison $525.00 raised
- 5 Kacie Audet $369.37 raised
Your support makes all the difference for vulnerable animals
Homeless dogs, cats and small furry pets always have a safe haven here at CVHS. Your fundraising makes a difference for these animals. We need to raise $65,000! With your help, we can go the extra mile to save animals lives!
Roll with us to save animals!
New this year: These times require creativity, and our Walk for Animals this year will be on wheels- a “Drive Fur Animals” - taking the form of a “car parade” enabling you to show your support from the safety of your own vehicle.
Our car parade will start at the National Life Parking Lot in Montpelier and finish in Barre at the Vermont Granite Museum. Join us there for our outdoor celebration ceremony to thank our sponsors and announce our prize winners.
- View More Recent Activity
Our Newest Participants
- Linnea Cecere $50.00 raised
- CS Cathy Shires $150.00 raised
- KG Kirk Gardner $0.00 raised
- Jennifer Kramer $357.50 raised
- PA Phyllis Arsenault-Berry $677.25 raised
- Cara Gorman $0.00 raised
- Willem Lange $100.00 raised
- Kathy Watts $70.00 raised
- RH Roxy Hayward $25.00 raised
- Laurie Gossens $578.75 raised
Schedule of Events
10am – Arrive at National Life Parking lot.
- Decorated cars will be judged. (winner announced at end of parade.)
- Line up for Drive Fur Animals Car Parade.
10:30am – Start Drive Fur Animals in Montpelier. Continue through Berlin into Barre. See route map on CVHS website.
11:15am – Arrive at Vermont Granite Museum for conclusion of car parade, dog trick contest, celebration, and prize ceremony.
- Top fundraisers and raffle prize winner will be announced
- Winners in the Car Decorating contest, Dog Trick Contest and Pet Photo Contest will be announced.
- Sponsor acknowledgments
Compete in the Dog Trick Contest!
When all the vehicles have arrived at the Vermont Granite Museum, we will hold a dog trick contest. So start practicing now with your favorite pooch to show off their best moves! One talented pup will win a prize at the ceremony.
Souvenir T-shirt for Fundraisers!
If you register as a fundraiser and raise at least $50 you will receive your very own souvenir Walk for Animals T-shirt. You can donate to your own page and ask your contacts to contribute.
If your friends also want a t-shirt, have them start their own fundraising page to increase the support for needy pets. (One shirt per individual fundraiser.)
To qualify, you need to register and meet $50 fundraising minimum on or before May 13.
Online Pet Photo Contest
Your pet can enter the CVHS Pet Photo Contest. All pets can be included, dog, cats, rabbits, birds, reptiles; if you have a pet that loves to be photographed or would like to dress up, please share a photo with us!
The top 3 vote getters will be:
- Featured on the CVHS website June, July & August 2021.
- Be celebrated in CVHS Facebook posts and Enews publications.
The top 12 vote getters will be the monthly featured animal on the full-color CVHS 2022 wall calendar.
One photo from all submissions will be chosed by an impartial judging committee to be the calendar cover photo.
Fun, Fun, Fun!
We are planning lots of fun virtual and safe in-person activities.
- Submit pet photos in the online pet photo contest! (see button above to enter)
- Decorate your car to win a prize in the car parade!
- At the end of the parade, enjoy short walking trails (Dogs must be leashed, masks may be required) and a Dog Trick Contest.
- Prize ceremony and sponsor acknowledgements close out the celebration.
Prizes, Prizes, Prizes!
To add more fun to fundraising, prizes will be given to those who go over and above to raise the most money for the animals! All fundraisers, no matter how much money you raise, will have one chance to win a $50 gas credit card!
- Top 3 child fundraisers
- Top 3 adult fundraisers
- Top Team
- Raffle winner selected from all fundraisers
Check/cash donations need to be postmarked by May 26 and online donations need to be submitted by June 4 to be considered for prizes. No money can be collected in-person at the event.