Nemours Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders is very excited to partner with the Kennett Square Mushroom Cap Half Marathon and Relay Event on November 2, 2019 to form team RunNemours and raise funds for the pediatric cancer research at the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
Cancer is the No. 1 disease-related cause of death in children. 43 children will be diagnosed with cancer today. These are just a few daunting facts and when it comes to childhood cancer rates, even one child is too many.
Team RunNemours will help fund-raise for oncology research at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Nemours Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (NCCBD). The NCCBD offers patient- and family-centered pediatric oncology and hematology care that includes the full range of clinical and support services alongside internationally recognized research programs. Less than 5% of U.S. government funding is dedicated to all childhood cancer research and funding is greatly needed.
We ask that each team member commits to raising $350 and we will have incentives along the way! Just by joining our team, you will receive a few perks right from the start including:
Discount registration fee for half marathon or relay team
- Race registration fee waived when you reach $100 in your fundraising goal
- RunNemours race shirt
- Online training schedule
- Nemours staff to help you reach your fundraising goals!
To register for RunNemours, please click on "Join Our Team!" and walk through the registration steps. There will be sample text on your webpage but we encourage you to make your page personable and tell the "why" you decided to fundraise for childhood cancer.
Have your friends and family join you in your adventure by participating in the Mushroom Cap 1 Miler, which will also benefit Nemours. For more details about the race, or to register for the 1-miler, please visit https://www.mushroomcaphalf.com/.
For more information on registering with RunNemours, please contact Rose Bevilacqua at email@example.com or 302.651.4338.
Please join us as we fundraise for childhood cancer research!
Support These Event Participants
- Gary Naumick $350.00 raised
- Anders Kolb $0.00 raised
- virginia morroni $585.00 raised
- Elizabeth and John Wood $875.00 raised
- Joseph Boland $100.00 raised
- Rose Bevilacqua $1,915.00 raised
- Tjede McVey $850.00 raised
- Alexandra Montes $400.00 raised
- kevin mcvey $1,000.00 raised
- Michael Joyce $370.00 raised
- Heidi Norton $100.00 raised
- Andrew Barnard $50.00 raised
- Sepideh Naderi $360.00 raised
- Johnny Johnston $1,411.20 raised
- 1 Rose Bevilacqua $1,915.00 raised
- 2 Johnny Johnston $1,411.20 raised
- 3 kevin mcvey $1,000.00 raised
- 4 Elizabeth and John Wood $875.00 raised
- 5 Tjede McVey $850.00 raised
There are currently no leaders.View Full Leaderboard
- View More Recent Activity