Come celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day!
WE ACT is hosting an Earth Day 5K Fun Run and Walk on Saturday, April 18th, 2020 in Riverside Park. Join us to raise funds for WE ACT’s work while you run or walk for a healthier, greener community!
This Earth Day 5K is open to runners and walkers of all ages and experience!
On Race Day, registration is open from 8:00-9:15 AM for bib/number and tshirt pick up. The race will begin at 9:30 AM. Registered runners and walkers should enter Riverside Park at 116th Street and Riverside Drive. The course is a circular route through the park, beginning and ending at the 116th Street plaza.
This exciting event features:
- Free WE ACT membership for all registrants!
- Scenic, traffic-free 5K race course
- WE ACT Earth Day t-shirt
- Post-Race Food
- Awards for 1st Place finisher, top fundraising individual, and top fundraising team
To register, please click the link at right. All proceeds from the Earth Day 5K support WE ACT! If you can’t join us, please consider making a donation to support our work.
Interested in volunteering or sponsoring this event? Questions? Please contact Samantha Doss with all inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Laura Simon-Pearson $350.74 raised
- 2 David Evans $125.00 raised
- 3 Yating Liu $75.00 raised
- 4 karen Mahrous $75.00 raised
- 5 Emmanuel Abreu $50.25 raised
- 1 WE ACT Board and Friends $250.00 raised
- 2 AIRnyc $125.00 raised
- 3 Earthjustice $50.00 raised
- 4 Running for Justice $0.00 raised
We empower and organize low-income, people of color to build healthy communities for all.
It is well-documented that some of the most polluted environments in America are where people of color live, work, play, and pray. WE ACT was started in 1988 when three fearless community leaders saw that environmental racism was rampant in their West Harlem neighborhood, and they demanded community-driven, political change. Today, the organization has grown to over 16 staff members and 2 locations in NYC and Washington, D.C., and is considered an active and respected participant in the national Environmental Justice Movement.
WE ACT’s mission is to build healthy communities by ensuring that people of color and/or low income residents participate meaningfully in the creation of sound and fair environmental health and protection policies and practices.
WE ACT envisions a community that has:
- informed and engaged residents who participate fully in decision-making on key issues that impact their health and community.
- strong and equal environmental protections.
- increased environmental health through community-based participatory research and evidence-based campaigns.
- View More Recent Activity