About the Event
For over a decade, the LPS Extra Mile Walk has eased hunger in our community. Funds raised from the event directly support Child Hunger Programs at the Food Bank of Lincoln, providing LPS students and families with weekly and monthly access to nutritious food options through the BackPack Program and School Food Markets.
There are two major goals for the annual walk:
- Educating our community about the needs of children at Lincoln Public Schools
- Raising money for this valuable program
Extra Mile Walk 2021-Virtual Event
Here's everything you need to know to join!
Registration and Fundraising:
March 1 - April 30, 2021
- Register, join a team (LPS school or district department) and begin fundraising.
- Please register each participant individually. Please do not register as a group/family.
- Participants who meet the minimum individual fundraising goal by March 31, will receive an event t-shirt.
Student fundraising goal: $10
Faculty/Staff fundraising goal: $30
April 26 - 30, 2021
- Walk a mile to fight childhood hunger. Decide where to walk, who you will walk with, and what time you start.
- Share pictures with us on social media:
Event Updates and Announcements
April 1: T-shirts for this event are no longer available.
April 1: Great job raising over $41,000 to support Child Hunger programs at the Food Bank of Lincoln! Fundraising efforts for this event will continue until 4/30/21.
March 17: T-Shirt Deadline Extended!
The NEW deadline to register AND meet minumum fundraising goal to receive a t-shirt is Wednesday, March 31.
March 1: Registration is now OPEN!
Be sure to complete your online registration and meet your minimum fundraising goal by 3/19/21 to receive your event t-shirt!
We're sorry, t-shirts for this event are no longer available.
The deadline to receive an event t-shirt is 3/31/21.
2021 Extra Mile Walk T-Shirts
We're sorry. T-shirts for this event are no longer available.
T-shirts are available for participants who register online AND meet their minimum fundraising goal by 3/31/21.
Minimum goal may be paid by the participant during the online registration process (as a personal donation) OR may be fundraised.
- Students: $10
- Faculty/Staff: $30
T-Shirt orders will not be accepted after 3/31/21.
T-shirts will be sent home the week of April 19-23, 2021.