Like Us on Facebook
Why Host a Food Drive or Fundraiser?
Every $1 donated helps provide $8 worth of groceries
Northern Illinois Food Bank relies on people like you to help us feed our hungry neighbors. Hosting a Fundraiser or a Food Drive is the easiest way for you, your friends and family, and your community to join the Food Bank in solving hunger:
- It saves you and your supporters a trip to the grocery store and the hassle of lugging heavy cans.
- It’s easy to share the link to your online fundraising page on social media and grow participation in your drive!
Donating to the Food Bank through our online fundriasing page maximizes your donation. For every $1 donated, Northern Illinois Food Bank can provide $8 of groceries to our hungry neighbors! Whether you choose to collect food or to raise funds (or both!) we ask that you register your food drive or fundraiser by clicking the buttons to the left or above. Registering your Food Drive or Fundraiser helps us to track your progress and provide you with support to ensure that your drive is successful!
How to Register your Food Drive or Fundraiser
Decide whether you’d like to collect physical food, raise funds, or both. Click on the Register Food Drive button to the left and choose the apporopriate choice to start your registration.
Having trouble deciding? We love food donations, but we can really stretch monetary donations to provide even more food for hungry neighbors. While we greatly appreciate both registration options, consider the following before deciding:
1. Are you hosting a one-time event where you are asking people to bring food? Registering a Physical Food Drive is best in this case
- This option is a fast and simple registration that does not create a fundraising page
2. Are you collecting food and/or fundraising over a period of time or leading up to an event? You may want to consider an Online Fundraiser.
- This option allows you to create a fundraising page as an individual or as a team with your friends, family or company.
Thank you for everything you do to feed hungry neighbors in our community. We can’t wait to work with you to make sure your food and fund drive is a success!
- View More Recent Activity