The statistics are frightening. Suicide is the second leading cause of death in the US for people ages 15 - 34, and Vermont's suicide rate is higher than the national average!
Project Hoeppner is a 501(c)3 charity created by Joe and Sue Hoeppner after they lost their 17 year old son Paul to suicide in 2018.
The organization's mission is to increase awareness, conversation and prevention around teen suicide. Working with local schools and organizations, they provide resources and opportunity for important discussion.
HOPE for TomorROW is a way to come together in remembrance and hope.
Funds raised at this event will go directly towards providing opportunities for teens to connect honestly and authentically with their loved ones and each other.
Project Hoeppner and the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum are grateful for your support!
Please visit projecthoeppner.com for more information.
Please contact us at
if you have any questions about the ROW
or if you'd like more info on sponsorships.
Join us on June 24th!
Project Hoeppner is partnering with Lake Champlain Maritime Museum to present the 5th annual HOPE for TomorROW in Ferrisburgh, VT.
This all-inclusive row was inspired by Paul's love of rowing. NO experience is required for this so-much-fun row to New York - about 2 miles roundtrip.
The Maritime Museum will provide 4-oar and 6-oar pilot gigs and life jackets. Each boat will be assigned an experienced rower as coxswain. Register individually or as a team. We're also accepting virtual rowers!
NEW! A Little Friendly Competition...
As a new feature this year, we're adding an optional race element! The course will be incorporated into the regular route across the lake and be timed by each participating boat. We do ask that those who choose to participate be mindful of those who would rather enjoy a leisurely row.
There will be two round-trip rowing sessions early in the day. The rough schedule is below, but will be largely dictated by Mother Nature. Please be prepared to be flexible and patient!!
- 8:30-9:00 check-in #1
- 9:00 intro/launch #1
- 10:30-11:00 return, lunch, etc.
- 11:00-11:30 check-in #2
- 11:30 intro/launch #2
- 1:00-1:30 return, lunch, etc.
Registration is $25.
All rowers will recieve a t-shirt, goody bag, lunch and a raffle ticket - we have some incredible prizes lined up!
If you'd like to join us but not row, please register as a virtual rower and we'll make sure you get a t-shirt, raffle ticket and lunch!
- 1 Annie Bedell $1,640.00 raised
- 2 Jasmine Leavitt $675.00 raised
- 3 Cooper Freeman $625.00 raised
- 4 April Tuck $600.00 raised
- 5 Emma Fox $510.00 raised
- 6 Craig Sampson $500.00 raised
- 7 Jack Landry $350.00 raised
- 8 Penny Grant $325.00 raised
- 9 Pete Cahn $325.00 raised
- 10 Renae Marshall $225.00 raised
- 1 Imperfectly Perfect $2,411.00 raised
- 2 Team Iron Si $1,640.00 raised
- 3 Team Trek $1,260.00 raised
- 4 Sizzlers $925.00 raised
- 5 gROWn ups $820.00 raised
- 6 Pooh Bears $750.00 raised
- 7 The Fanny Pack $692.17 raised
- 8 Speckled Bog Beasts $650.00 raised
- 9 Stronger Together $650.00 raised
- 10 Imperfectious Groove $525.00 raised