HACA Fall Festival and Walk 2022 Leaderboard
- 1 Catherine Greene $3,626.95 raised
- 2 Wesley Hay $1,000.00 raised
- 3 Saul's Patrol $905.14 raised
- 4 Nina Duggan $722.50 raised
- 5 Kirstin Drye $398.25 raised
- 1 Rock Steady for Eddie $5,828.55 raised
- 2 The B's Knees $1,613.25 raised
- 3 Team HACA $1,569.25 raised
- 4 The Little A Team $1,170.75 raised
- 5 SAUL'S PATROL 2022 $1,108.89 raised
HACA Fall Festival and Walk 2022
The Hemophilia Association of the Capital Area returns to Lake Accotink Park in Springfield, VA, for its 10th Fall Festival and Walk on Saturday, October 1! The event will take place rain or shine!
In 2013, HACA’s inaugural Hemophilia Walk took place at the National Mall in Washington, DC, where it remained through 2016. We then left the national walk program, and returned to hosting our own walk, naming it the HACA Fall Festival and Walk. A side note: for many years, HACA had a bike ride fundraiser in the fall, which started as the Hemophilia Half Hundred, then later became Ride or Stride for Bleeding Disorders, with the final Ride or Stride taking place in 2012.
This will be our last year at Lake Accotink Park for the time being, with a dredging project starting in 2023, so we will be looking for a new walk home next year!
Bring the family and friends to a fun-filled morning at the park’s lakeside pavilion, where you can:
- Catch up with your fellow HACA members;
- Talk with our event exhibitors;
- Take a leisurely walk in the park;
- Enjoy a picnic lunch;
- Keep the kids entertained with fun games;
- Participate in our annual walk contests: Best T-shirt, Best Team Name, and Biggest Team!
Your donations support:
- The George & Linda Price Scholarship program, and the HACA Job Readiness Grant, which is available to college students, non-traditional students looking to return to school, and people who need training or certification for advancement of their career.
- Donation to the National Hemophilia Foundation's Judith Graham Poole Postdoctoral Research Program;
- Funding for the parent support group at Children's National Medical System HTC and the adult support groups at Georgetown University HTC;
- Medical alert jewelry for both adults and children;
- Financial assistance for our most vulnerable members and families during times of need;
- And more!
If you haven’t participated in the Fall Festival and Walk before, please consider creating a team and joining us! This is our biggest fundraising event of the year, and we look forward to seeing everyone there!
***We are planning on a shorter route along the pavement in case there are downpours the morning of the walk. Please dress for the event since it will be chilly and rainy!****
Highlights from our 2021 Walk!
It was a lovely day for a walk in 2021!
The B's Knees joined us again in 2021. They've participated in every walk since it began in 2013!
Great day for a walk along Lake Accotink!
Saul's Patrol brings out a crowd and is usually our largest team!
Kids love the free swag!
Our mascot, Buddy the Blood Drop!
Giant Connect 4 keeps the kids busy!
The festival always has activities for the kids!
The magician was a big hit with the kids!
The event is fun for all family members!
Program Manager Robin Monin (pictured) and Executive Director Brenda Bordelon both got pie'd in the face!
The brothers of Chi Psi fraternity at George Mason University were on hand as they are every year to help keep the event running smoothly.
A barbecue luncheon closed out the day.