OUR VISION: A WORLD-CLASS CENTER FOR PEDIATRIC CANCER CARE
We will expand upon our premier environment to ensure a patient and family experience that matches the world-class care and research for which Nemours is known. This will include creating spaces that feel home-like and designing an environment that is highly supportive to the needs of the whole family, ensuring the best possible outcomes for kids.
Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville has embarked on a $6 million campaign to secure the capital investment needed to redesign the Nemours Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders. Your gift will enable Nemours to surround families with a full range of support when they are dealing with a cancer diagnosis.Nemours will contribute $1 million to this effort. And, through the Fund for Children’s Health, will raise philanthropic funds to cover the remaining balance.
THE CAMPAIGN FOR NEMOURS CENTER FOR CANCER & BLOOD DISORDERS
It is within Nemours’ power to further transform care for our community’s children.
We have the vision, the know-how and the passion, but we need our community’s support.
Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville has embarked on a $5 million campaign to secure the capital investment needed to redesign the Nemours Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders. Your gift will enable Nemours to surround families with a full range of support when they are dealing with a cancer diagnosis.
What Does A World-Class Pediatric Cancer Center Look Like?
World-class care begins the moment a family arrives to Nemours. For children with cancer, that means:
• a “wow environment” befitting a destination center
• designated isolation waiting room and clinic areas for severely immunocomprised BMT patients
• waiting rooms or play areas to meet the drastically different needs of teen and toddler patients
• comprehensive clinic capacity with room to provide multiple services that rotate efficiently among families
• dedicated lab space for point-of-care testing and efficient one-stop service
• dedicated medication room
• expanded infusion room to accommodate families’ day-long treatment schedules and provide spaces for parent or sibling reprieve
• specialized rooms for in-person consults, education, telehealth consultations, psychology testing and therapy
• comforting, supportive care service spaces including social work, parent lounge, child life area and staff lounge
Informed by families and best practices, we can give families an innovative and efficient space where all their needs can be addressed without further disrupting their lives.