Join us on Saturday, October 21, 2023 for our Airington Law Hike for Kids!
Register now for our 12th annual Hike For Kids our signature fundraising event and support Blue Sky programming which connects Richmond area youth to the outdoors.
This outdoors event brings together hikers to either hit the trails of one of Richmond’s most popular attractions, the James River Park System, or any trail of their choice across the country. Together, participants raise funds and awareness of our outdoor education programs. Richmond hikers will enjoy some of the best urban trails in the country with either a 3, 8 or 14 mile loop. All are welcomed to celebrate the journey at our post-hike party with food, beer, games and live music.
Thank you to our Sponsors: Airington Law, CoStar Group Builds, The Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources, Markel, Gill & Horner Wealth Managment Group, Seven Hills Wealth Advisors, Riverside Outfitters, Richmond Family Magazine, and Väsen Brewing Company.
Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
Hiker Staggered Starts:
9:00am 14-mile hiker waves begin
11:00am: 8-mile hiker waves begin
12:30pm: 3-mile hiker waves begin
Post-Hike Celebration: 1:30PM to 4:30PM
Location: Virginia War Memorial
621 S Belvidere St, Richmond, VA 23220
$40 per adult
$15 per child
of your goal reached
Hike for Kids 2023 Leaderboard
- 1 Julia Beiro $1,125.60 raised
- 2 Debbie Edwards $1,015.60 raised
- 3 Emily Gottwald $640.00 raised
- 4 Andrew Sporrer $554.80 raised
- 5 Sally Hunnicutt $540.00 raised
- 1 Team Vetro $1,341.60 raised
- 2 Peakbaggers 2.0 $1,165.60 raised
- 3 H.I.K.Er.S. $936.32 raised
- 4 Unicorn Explorers Club $925.60 raised
- 5 S2 Mountaineering $587.60 raised
Join us on Saturday, October 21st! All proceeds from this event benefit the youth of Blue Sky Fund!
Here's what you can look forward to by joining us in person:
BASECAMP Start and end point for Hike!
Check in opens at 8:45AM at the Virginia War Memorial, our Hike for Kids ‘basecamp’.
Please arrive at basecamp 15 to 30 minutes prior to your hiking distance start time to check in and receive your bibs, SWAG bags, and drink/food tickets for the post-Hike celebration.
JAMES RIVER PARK SYSTEM HIKE 9:00AM to 1:30PM
Choose your own adventure! Enjoy some of the best urban trails in the country with either a 3-, 8- or 14-mile loop around the James River Park System.
- 8:45 AM: Check-in opens at the Virginia War Memorial
- 9:00 AM: 14-mile hike start time
- 11:00 AM: 8-mile hike start time
- 12:30 PM: 3-mile hike start time
**Scroll down for the trail maps below
Take breaks along the way at a Fuel Station and be sure to tag @BlueSkyFund in any social media stories and posts you make along the way!
Please note that online in-person registration will close on Wednesday, October 18th at 11:59 pm EST. Walk-up registration will be available onsite Saturday, October 21st starting at 8:45 am EST, with increased registration fees
POST-HIKE CELEBRATION 1:30PM to 4:30PM
Celebrate your journey at our post-hike party
- Registered Hikers each receive one complimentary food and one complimentary beverage ticket
- Live music plus fun family friendly games set up throughout the Virginia War Amphitheater
- Peruse our auction items then place your bids through our Virtual Auction platform
Virtual Hike Details
We strive to make Hike For Kids accessible for anyone and everyone that wants to participate, including our supporters across the country.
Here's how you can join the journey virtually:
- Register as a virtual hiker (we will mail you your swag bag!)
- Hike any trail - any distance - on any day during the month of October.
- Post a photo from your hike using the hashtag #TakeAHikeForKids and be sure to tag @BlueSkyFund for a chance to be featured.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Thank you to our generous community partners for making this event possible and connecting youth across Richmond to the positive impact and healing powers of the outdoors!