Join us in a LITTLE friendlycompetition to make a BIG impact!
Here's How it Works:
Teams earn points for every helpful action they take, and together, we'll fight hunger one "helping" at a time.
Awards will be given to the teams that earn the most points in each category. Each team can have up to 5 members. An organization can have multiple teams. The competition is open to anyone aged 12 years and older.
Register Register by August 31 and receive 25 extra points!
Once you've registered, you can begin fundraising, volunteering, collecting food, and raising your voice. Share your personal fundraising page with your faith community, co-workers, or social organizations to raise funds for Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC. Every $10 can provides 70 meals!
Reach out to your community to collect canned and other non-perishable foods, then bring them to Second Harvest facilities at 3655 Reed Street in Winston-Salem. Be sure to ask for your donations to be weighed in for HAM (Hunger Action Month) and get a receipt. Check out the best foods to donatehere.
Earn Bonus Points
- Register by August 31: Earn an extra 25 POINTS
- Bonus Volunteer Days: Earn an extra 5 POINTS per hour - Recruit another team to join: Earn an extra 50 POINTS - Donate food on Hunger Action Day - September 17: Earn an extra 20 POINTS per pound
Bonus Volunteer Days
- Hunger Action Day: September 17
- Pop-up Produce Pantries: September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 - Saturday Food Distributions: September 11, 25
- TEFAP (The Emergecny Food Assistnace Program)
Pallet Building: TBA
- Awarded to the team that donates the
MOST POUNDS OF FOOD
Helping Hand Award
- Awarded to the team that logs the
MOST VOLUNTEER HOURS
- Awarded to the team that raises the
- Awarded to the team that earns the
MOST POINTS FOR ALL CATEGORIES COMBINED
Every day, Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC helps local families in need of food assistance working with 430+ on-the-ground partner programs serving 18 Northwest North Carolina counties. Each time you participate in a Virtual Food Drive, you entrust Second Harvest to direct your gifts to where they are needed most. This includes, but it not limited to, the purchase of food items needed by our partner network members, such as, but not limited to, the representative items on this website.